CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rerouted to AFF...

Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #131
Rich Z
Got to run to the drug store and buy a case of Excedrin.....

Old 10-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #132
diamondlil
I can only stay on here for 10 minutes or so before my 'puter goes crazy telling me it's blocking malicious URLs. Just went into a loop of the page refreshing and the 'Danger Will Robinson' messages going into overload!

Old 10-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #133
DragonsDenSerpents
Thank you for the time and effort, Rich.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #134
Alicia P
I also thank you for taking the time to figure out what the problem is/was and for the effort (headache) of getting the problem fixed

Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #135
AliCat37
I haven't really checked on the thread today, but I just pulled up the CS site on my phone and when I looked down, it was a video of a girl who could have used sometime more clothing. Too bad I still had my contacts in at the time.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #136
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
I haven't really checked on the thread today, but I just pulled up the CS site on my phone and when I looked down, it was a video of a girl who could have used sometime more clothing. Too bad I still had my contacts in at the time.
Same thing happened to me a little while ago. Luckily my wife was watching TV and not what I was doing... That would have been fun trying to explain...LOL

Old 10-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #137
Christen
Oh I have already explained to my husband what was going on with this site just in case although if he had caught that without me saying anything he would have just been upset I was looking at that kind of stuff without him.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #138
Rich Z
Sorry that some of you are getting into trouble (or narrowly avoiding such) over this.

I've got a new server lined up, just waiting for buy-in on the idea from my programmer. The security guy says it is actually overfill for my needs, but I would rather it be that way than marginal. So with any luck maybe we'll see some positive gains arise from the ashes.

Not sure when it will be ready and the site moves commencing, but I'll try to give you all as much lead-time as I can. I'm guessing the sites may be down as much as two days. I hope less, but I've never had a server change go smoothly. Maybe the new guy will make a difference and surprise me. It would be nice to get a PLEASANT surprise once in a while.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #139
Christen
It isn't your fault Rich. No need to be sorry and I think all of us will survive a few days offline for the better of the sites we love so much. It might be hard and we might go through withdrawals but we will survive.

I thought I would let you know though that google ad on the side bar under the fauna ad just had a naughty site on it. I am not sure if that is because of all the talk about AFF or what. I didn't notice what site. I didn't even notice it till I had already click on another page so I don't know what it was advertising I just know the girl was naked.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #140
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Got to run to the drug store and buy a case of Excedrin.....
I lived off the migraine formula today...it's got 250mg acetaminophen, 250mg Aspirin, and 65mg caffeine (basically 1 oz of espresso). I upped the caffeine with one of those 24 oz cans of mountain dew.

Headache without Excedrin/mnt dew

headache faded, but cracked out on caffeine...

I had my main hdd fry itself some how last Wednesday (10/2) and had the joy of reinstalling everything this past Wed and Thurs (I'm tired of clicking agree, ok, install, finish). So far I've got no redirects via the fresh comp on IE 10, but I'm also running Web Of Trust (WOT) and Do Not Track Me. IIRC DNTM utilizes a hosts file to block certain advertisements. I know on my iphone/ipad there use to be ad ad banner between the forum dashboard (user cp, chat, FAQ, etc) and the "What an edit button". This is not visible within IE 10, but I do see the banners for, currently, corvetteflorida.com, snickersnakes, and fauna topsites.

My ipad 1st gen is currently showing an ad for Earthwise Pet Supply between the dashboard and the vbulleton message (I'm not logged in reasons). Safari did fire up a popup, but I've got sarafi in private browsing mode and all it did was load a blank page. I just logged in (23:18 MDT) via my iphone and received no redirect at either login or when clicking new posts (both are points where I'd typically redirect).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google