CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Signature Issues...

Old 10-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
ZoologyGirl
Signature Issues...

I went to change my signature the other day and got this:

Quote:
Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
All I was trying to do was add 3 words to the first line which would not have made more lines than I have now.

Is the 4 line thing adjusted to a certain screen size, and my screen is bigger making it appear as if I only have 4 lines??? I'm confused.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
mike17l
It may be an issue with the server move.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
LBoz
Heather, try decreasing your text size by one and see if that works.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
ratsncorns
I had the same problem previous to the server move. I had to completely delete my signature, save it, then start all over again. But, even after I entered it again, it still wouldnt let me save it (I got the same message you got) so I had to make it short, how it is now. I used to have each morph listed on my sig and I can no longer do that. Not sure what the deal is.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
glenhead
If you set the font to Size 1, you can get 104 characters in each sig line. With it set to default size, you can get 88.

Don't know how that differs from before, but those are the limits - I just tested it. As you postulated, it has to be related to screen size and cell/frame width within a default screen size. Yeah, I'm a geek...

Old 10-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
vetusvates
I have not tried to change anything since the move.
But formerly the "server/site" would "permit" any number of lines. Nanci once pointed out to me that I had five or six.
However, also formerly, total signature footprint was not allowed to exceed X-number of "characters", regardless of font size.
Which included color, bold, italics, font, and size symbols.
This I tested and discovered back in the spring.
It was true for the pre-move signature,.....even if not true for parameters now.

NOTE : I have that very sig that I tested, that maxxed out the pre-move footprint to within one to two characters,...if you want it. I saved it on a word document,...I don't know why, just because. Color, bold, italics, font, and size, symbols and all.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
ZoologyGirl
I just went and changed it. Apparently with whatever technological implement was recently enlisted my 2nd line (that originally had all the corn morphs listed) was too long which is why it was not letting me change it.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #8
vetusvates
So Heather you seem to be saying that if I change my current sig to something new, I could not change it back to what it is now?
(Based on line length.)

Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
ZoologyGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
So Heather you seem to be saying that if I change my current sig, I cannot change it back to what it is now?
I have no idea I don't get how it works.

When I was trying to change it and kept getting that error I backed out and the signature remained as it was. However I'm thinking now that I changed it I won't be able to get it back the way it was before.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
Rich Z
Bear in mind that it is just not practical to have unlimited space allocated to signature lines. It really breaks up threads and can be quite distracting for people actually trying to read the posts in a thread when there are so many boldly colored and long signature areas scattered throughout. So I tried to pick a compromise that would be acceptable.

Sure it would be fun for everyone to list every animal they own, but imagine if I had wanted to do the same thing and what my signature area would be like in threads............ See what I mean?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google