• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Review: Snake by Chris Mattison

DollysMom

It never gets old!
This is a trade paperback that is large enough to call a coffee table book. I was browsing Amazon last week and bought it. Its very modest price (just over $10 US at this moment) gives no clue as to how beautiful it is.

It starts out with general information about snakes and then goes on to highlight number of species including corn snakes. It is a visual and mental delight.

I have no relationship to the author, publisher or seller. I literally stumbled upon it and was blown away. It would make a great gift for any snake lover and a great thing to keep around for an educational aid. While not a children's book it is so richly illustrated, that an adult could paraphrase and even use it with young children.

I realize some may already have this in their library and that it has been around in various editions since 1999. Feel free to ask me any questions. I just had to share this.

ISBN: 978-1-4654-4379-3

T31HjBjl.jpg

Ooh I recently bought this book myself. It's a big book of eye candy!

My favorite part is the little scale in the bottom corner of each page showing each snake's silhouette in comparison to both a ruler (with both meters and feet) and an average adult foot/shoe print. It really helps me get a feel for the size of a snake rather than just a number stating average length.

Just grabbed a quick snap of my copy. Too bad this boy who matches is currently in blue.

33cc69b3fae7d315cefc26b8fcd92ba3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My only boa that would fit on the book. 2015 ghost.
33adb95de281d06140311a45058b4398.jpg

Look at the fat belly on her. Let her do the photo shoot from her enclosure since the colubrids and najas ate yesterday.
4d5cb87b98558d60be2cb030308d55a1.jpg

Because what collection doesn't have that one loveable normal ball?!?
6782c7a6f6095a674ee6c3782a71e3d3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Oh my!! I so want one now! That looks awesome!! I feel like a lot of people fear snakes because of lack of education. Would be an awesome addition to help teach the people in my life about them!

Back