CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Coral Ghost

Old 05-23-2018, 04:58 AM   #1
mcrowland
Coral Ghost

My 2016 Coral Ghost (out of Knight - 2013 JMG Coral Ghost x Summer - 2013 Strawberry hypo het coral ghost motley phet lavender)

Somebody was a little "blue" when they first got here...

a before pic

an after pic

and his close-up (check out those fangs! hahahahaha )

Old 05-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
mcrowland
*Bonus - tongue

The caption might read: flick... too sweet.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
Twolunger
He's a beauty. I have a trio of 2016 coral ghosts down from the JMG line. I can't wait for them to reach breeding size.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
mcrowland
That means they're related, Hiya Cuz!

I hope you are getting good color on them! Is there a thread for them?
It would be interesting to compare.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
Zaltys
woah cool snake!!!!!! What does "phet" mean? I always see that (or "ph") I used to think "ph" meant phantom lol! I was wondering if my anery hurricane guy was a ghost anery cuz he is sort of faded grays, but I dont know.... I emailed Don Soderberg (whom I got him from) to see if there was anything more to his gene line other than "Anery Motley Hurricane" that it had in his description....

Old 05-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #6
mcrowland
Don would be the man to know if there is more in there.

phet or ph mean "possible heterogeneous" (what genes it may carry) as compared to homogeneous (what morph the snake appears to be)

Old 05-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
Zaltys
aaahh, I always though Het was just the possible genes they carry. Like 66% het for amel or something like that. I see ph everywhere on these threads! Thanks for letting me know. (and on that note The Man himself, Don S, has just wrote me back about the snake. I will update any info I get in my thread

Old 05-23-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowland View Post
That means they're related, Hiya Cuz!

I hope you are getting good color on them! Is there a thread for them?
It would be interesting to compare.
Mine are really coloring up nicely with each shed. Lots of pink showing. I don't have a decent camera that would do justice to their color. If I can borrow one I'll try to get some good pics. What do you plan to mate yours to in the future?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #9
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowland View Post
phet or ph mean "possible heterogeneous" (what genes it may carry) as compared to homogeneous (what morph the snake appears to be)
Het/homo in this case are actually heterozygous and homozygous. Also these definitions are bordering on psuedogenetics, as they only apply to recessive-to-wild mutations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaltys View Post
aaahh, I always though Het was just the possible genes they carry. Like 66% het for amel or something like that.
This is actually a more accurate way of putting it. You can read all about zygosity here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygosity

Old 05-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
DeuceRon
Awesome snake!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google