CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Is this poop ok?

Old 11-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
Karebear freezepop
Is this poop ok?

Hi. I just got.a baby corn snake. Never had corn snakes or any other colubrids. I have had a boa before tho and my boas poop was a big pile... I fed my baby on Tuesday and it is now friday... one pinky. And I havent noticed a poop. All I have noticed is this teeny tiny little spot of poop.. actually there is two teeny tiny spots of poop on the shavings... is this ok.. since it's a very small snake? I thought itd be a big pile... well bigger than this.... ok well idk I cant seem to upload the picture I took of the poop.. but it's just a tiny little brown spec... barely noticeable by the naked eye lol.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
Shiari
Young corns have poop that looks like little bird poops. They never excrete in a way that is similar to a boa or python. An adult might sometimes produce feces that have hair in them, but even an adult corn doesn't produce something overly large.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
Karebear freezepop
Yes I get that it would be smaller because they are smaller but this is so super small.. I cant believe it. But idk lll. I'm guessing it's fine because the snake itself seems fine. Active and curious.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #4
67temp
Most boas (or atleast bcc/bci) will hold their poo for a while. Corns are more regular and will go a few days after eating so they have less poo when they do go.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
Karebear freezepop
Ohh. Ok that's pretty helpful. Thank you !! Yes I had a boa before... so i am used to her poops.. and i have a bearded dragon now.. sooo I'm used to their poops.. and then seeing this one was not exactly what i was expecting is all. But tha k you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google