CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Candy Canes

Old 10-23-2018, 11:14 PM   #21
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
So essentially you would have a normal with thick black borders that crowd out the blotches and has a high white background?

I wasn't really planning to take on this project but that might change now. A weird series of events took place today and I'm receiving a female snow tessera that was produced by SMR. One of the parents was a high white RO. I could try doing a line of normals with the thick borders and a line of anerys. I already have a 2yo male anery with solid blotches and no yellowing yet.
Yeah. But like I said, it will likely be a long project to embark on.

BTW, I found the quote I was looking for concerning the very dark Anerythristics I produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Just a fyi, but some of the darkest black, most contrasty Anerythristics I have ever seen came from my Caramel x Anerythristic A project. Completely the opposite of what I was hoping for, however.........
What I was hoping for was to get snakes with black blotches on a pure yellow background. Similar to what you are aiming towards, I guess, but white instead of yellow. Obviously I was on the wrong path, as oddly enough yellow really didn't seem to be tied to the Caramel gene, from what I could see. But it could be a step in the right direction for your project.

Haven't found any pics, however.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #22
DeuceRon
Interesting thread. I know zero about breeding and just think they make great pets. Respect to you all who really get into the depths of this hobby!

Old 10-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #23
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceRon View Post
Interesting thread. I know zero about breeding and just think they make great pets. Respect to you all who really get into the depths of this hobby!
Trying to figure out all the genetic possibilities makes my head hurt. Ian's Vivarium website makes a good starting point, if you have checked it out. I used to have a genetics guru who could take all the data, morphs. hets, percentages, and feed that into a computer for me. Then he would tell me what the possibilities were, so I could pair up the breeders. Unfortunately he is gone now, so I do my best to figure things out. But there are a few members who are still on the forum who have quite a good knowledge of genetics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google