CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Thermostat setup for corn snake

Old 09-28-2016, 09:38 PM   #41
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachen View Post
No for thermostat, I read that that aluminum is a good conductor and the tape that is sticking the probe to uth will take the heat and heat won't transfer to the reptile
That's what I get for coming in late in a post LOL

My answer on how each tape holds is still valid but since I don't use thermostats with UTH's I can't help yeah there.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #42
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post
That's what I get for coming in late in a post LOL

My answer on how each tape holds is still valid but since I don't use thermostats with UTH's I can't help yeah there.
Your answer was fine, Daddio. Many folks attach their UTHs and thermostat probes using foil tape (on the outside of the viv) with no problem. I'm not sure who said it was an issue, but it really isn't, IMO.

I had duct tape on hand so used it, but I also plan to check and retape my UTHs every couple of years if not sooner. A little maintenance goes a long way. UTHs don't last forever and IMO should be replaced from time to time.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #43
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Your answer was fine, Daddio. Many folks attach their UTHs and thermostat probes using foil tape (on the outside of the viv) with no problem. I'm not sure who said it was an issue, but it really isn't, IMO.

I had duct tape on hand so used it, but I also plan to check and retape my UTHs every couple of years if not sooner. A little maintenance goes a long way. UTHs don't last forever and IMO should be replaced from time to time.
Thanks! I had "UTH" stuck in my head when I was responding.
I have no issue with using duct tape other than I also have to retape every few years. I noticed my Flexwatt is starting to come off the back of my racks that's held on by duct tape so I will be retaping them soon. I will use duct tape again.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #44
Matt20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
https://www.lowes.ca/search/aluminum...=aluminum-tape

Here's a link even for a Canadian Lowes...

All I ask in return are some maple syrup hard candies from Canadia (Ka-nae-dee-ah)...I mean Canada, eh!
Do you have another item like that ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google