CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Carpet Pythons

Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #41
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo1979 View Post
Ok now I'm going to have to start doing my homework on carpets. Nothing can beat the beauty of corns to me but personality wise I'm really digging the 2 pythons that I have so far. Corns are like the jittery crackheads of the snake world while pythons are more like laid back potheads. Lol!
So apparently I'm a good/bad influence afterall...you'll be getting your first (& second?) Carpet in the near future.

I had a couple of the babies out today, to weight them & decided to take a couple outside for mini photoshoots.

First is Jezanna, my 2010 female IJ. She's not so social. LOL
Next is Aradia, half-sister to Jezanna (same sire), my 2010 75% IJ Jag.
Both of these girls are from a local breeder. Their sire is 100% het for Granite. I have a 2009 male IJ from the same parents as Jezanna, & I'll be trying for some Granite IJ's down the road.

The last three pics are of Talon, my 2010 Diamond Integrade. I think he's got some Jungle too. He's getting more yellow & I cannot wait to see how he grows up!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #42
MysticExotics
Here is Zaria, my 2010 Coastal Carpet. She & Talon came from Luke Snell (Blueisoa on iHerp) & I could not be happier with these babies! They are great eaters, great personalities & gorgeous!!

Zaria comes from a double sire clutch. Luke paired a Coastal Jag female with a Red Jag Sib male & a Striped Coastal male.
I loved her markings from the moment I saw her.

Zaria loves to climb & decided to try out being a hair accessory for me for a bit today.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #43
solo1979
Guess I need to post some pictures too. Ummmm....... I picked up a baby IJ girl today. She is about to shed some isn't looking her best but so far is a really sweet girl. She's already got some blushing (that's what it's called right?) going on but I'm not sure a photo shoot would do her justice right now. The breeder I picked up this girl from had lots of adult IJs and all were a nice manageable size. I paid $75 which I thought seemed decent. Another guy had some for $65 but they looked sickly. I'm still getting my 2 boys from Luke next month at Tinley. Then I'm done, I swear!

If I had to choose a favorite of your clan it would be Zaria. I'm excited to be getting her baby brother/half brother.

My other pick ups for the day were a hypo lav that Terri helped me snag from the rodent selling guy, a gorgeous ultra anery produced by Terri and the brightest pastel male ball python I've ever seen. All while staying within my snake allowance/budget! Plus some supplies and feeders. Today was a good day!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #44
MysticExotics
Oh yes, you must post pics of your new IJ girl!! Who's the breeder that she came from?

I'm so glad that you're getting two from Luke! You will *love* them! (You must post lots of pics when you get them!)

Congrats on all of your pickups!
Oh, and good luck with staying at 3 Carpets...just saying

Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #45
solo1979
She came from Jennifer Holland of Boa Cabana. I said I wanted a female because I've already got 2 males on hold. Her husband asked which breeder and when I said Luke Snell he was like oh I know Luke and he's great!

I did snap a few pix before putting her away. Let's see if any of them look good.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #46
ratsncorns
I need to stay away from this thread! I like my small collection but I am constantly tempted by IJ's!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #47
RepLover1022
Pretty sure I'm in love. They're beautiful!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #48
solo1979
Alright, here she is. No name yet. I'm leaning towards going with a Thundercats theme for all 3 of my carpets, since they remind me so much of jungle cats.

This is a small deli cup. Same size we get our baby corns in.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #49
MysticExotics
Quote:
She came from Jennifer Holland of Boa Cabana. I said I wanted a female because I've already got 2 males on hold. Her husband asked which breeder and when I said Luke Snell he was like oh I know Luke and he's great!

I did snap a few pix before putting her away. Let's see if any of them look good.
Luke has a great reputation

I've not heard of Jennifer, but I'm not as active in the Morelia world, as I am the Corn world, it's way too tempting to add more when I see more. Haha

Great! I cannot wait to see pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
I need to stay away from this thread! I like my small collection but I am constantly tempted by IJ's!
Tell me about it! I'm about to cave on a gorgeous female IJ that a local (OR) girl has. I wasn't planning on anymore IJ's, but this girl breeds for lighter IJ's & they're gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepLover1022 View Post
Pretty sure I'm in love. They're beautiful!!!
Haha
Wait til you meet one in person. They have the awesome dragon heads & fabulous personalities! So much more interactive than most Corns. You'll be hooked...I bet $ on it!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #50
MysticExotics
Quote:
Alright, here she is. No name yet. I'm leaning towards going with a Thundercats theme for all 3 of my carpets, since they remind me so much of jungle cats.

This is a small deli cup. Same size we get our baby corns in.

Oooh, she's a pretty little thing! She reminds me of my baby girl Karma.
I like her markings! I like the name idea too!
Congrats on your first Carpet!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google