CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Need a little help please regarding rexy

Old 05-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
Reptile Lover 23
Exclamation Need a little help please regarding rexy

My girl Rexy is 8 years old

This all started after i introduced the male corn Jarvis

I put them togeather for 24hrs then seperated them for 24hrs then put them back togeather for 24hrs then seperated them and the next day (Rexy) went into blue and had a full shed i noticed a very small amount of poop on her sheaded skin where the vent is. 2days After the full shed i offered her a large mouse Soo

The last 4 weeks she has been acting very out of character. Normally she chills in her hides during the day & is active at night. for the past 4 weeks she has been out of her hides 24/7 and keeps pushing her nose against the glass and moveing all the substrate into a pile She rests only a little on the top shelf (Click here to see her enclosure with the shelf) before she is back at being very active.

Her appetite Has gone I have tried different size mice and day-old-chicks Braining, scenting the mouse with lizard, she wont eat any of them. every 10 days i offer her food and for the past 4 weeks and a half still hasnt eaten she is 620grams and just under 5,1/2ft long

I know they can go along time without food but im just starting to get concerned, any help im thankful for

Today (9th/may/) she now sat in her water bowl (Heads out the water obvs)

Her temps are 27C cool end and 31C In her hot end

Old 05-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #2
Reptile Lover 23
Just a quick up-date!!!

Between early hours of this morning she has laid 2 eggs theres still more to come by the looks of her.

they look healthy silk white

Old 05-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
Reptile Lover 23
Right so my female corn finished laying her eggs on tuesday night, i have a few questions...

1.do i have to bath her? i put the eggs in the incubator on tuesday when she had finished and she is still laying still in the same place hasnt moved far.

2.if i do try to pick her up to bath her is she likely to try and bite me?

Any help appriciated

Old 05-11-2017, 05:53 AM   #4
Nanci
You don't need to bathe her. She would like a small meal, like a hopper, now, and then in a few days, her regular meal. I would feed her weekly until she regains the weight she lost from the eggs- probably 100 grams or more. She will likely go blue very soon for her post lay shed. Snakes are generally protective of their eggs, but I've never had one bite me when removing the snake from the nest or lay box.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #5
Reptile Lover 23
Thank you,

I have tried giving her a smaller meal and she wont take it she just stays still

Old 12-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #6
Nanyia
so what happened after that? i found this thread and now im curious. i need closure!!!!!

Old 12-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
Reptile Lover 23
She, had 11 eggs which i got 12 hatchlings from

5 anery's
4 normals
1 snow
2 motley's

the twin hatchlings (one passed away r.i.p) and one of the motleys passed away R.I.P

the rest are doing fantastic!

i have birth certificates, all the shed's and feeding records since birth with every one

all but the snow corn will be up for sale some time after the new year

thanks for asking

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google