CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

New snake, please read.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Cornsnakenoob955
I held it yesterday without the gloves, the only part I was nervous about was taking him out. Once I took him out, he would just slither all over my hand and arm. I even got my girlfriend and little sister to hold him. Thanks a lot for all the help!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #12
restes
It is amazing how their attitude seems to change even just after a decent session or two of handling. I think they begin to realize you arent some big goofy predator watching them through the glass.

When I take Arancio out (11month old male) he is very active at first and moves almost too fast for me. But after a couple of mintues he will begin to just slow down and relax.
Before handling he would always stay hidden in his tank. Now he will poke his head out to see what is up whenever I enter the room!
One thing I noticed:
After his first feeding by me, I was going to simply move him from the feeding bin to his original just with me hand which i figured would be fine since I did not touch the mice. He said NO SIR! so i just let him slide back in on his own.

No problems beyond that!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
Dee Dee
Glad your doing ok with the handling. I only just found this thread. I was nervous when I 1st got popcorn, even though she's tiny really. My hand would be a little shakey every time I reached in to pick her up. 1 tip I would say is try to go in from the side & not over the top of him/her as it's less intimidating for them. I love holding popcorn now. She even decided to crawl up into my hair & flick her tongue in my ear today, it tickled lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #14
Dee Dee
Ooh snakes in the hair. Maybe I should have put my screen name as medusa lol. That would have been quite fitting, except for the whole turning people to stone thing lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #15
Dreamsnake
Nail polish works for me. My corn snakes will climb into my hands when I have painted nails. I've been bitten twice by my feisty anery, never my snow, or the ball python. Nim's never drawn blood, but last time she left a tooth in the tough skin of my thumb. She struck and retreated so fast. I still picked her up so not to train her to bite. She has attitude and the will to survive; I love that about her. If my snow, Zar, bit me it might hurt my feelings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google