CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Question re: snake bites

Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
Stefanie
Ahahahaha!

Classic! Thanks for that laugh Buzzard

Old 06-28-2011, 05:35 AM   #12
Firefur
i've heard warm water... i've used it with my roomate's king to, just a little bit and she let go of my roomate. i saw a television documentary on animal planet that said zoo keepers keep voka/ hard alcohol in a flask when they have to clean out or move the really big snakes (the ones that could eat a man) i'd stick with water or mouthwash personally

Old 06-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
Pal-O-Mine
I'd use the listerine. The vodka never lasts that long with me!

Devon

Waving hello from lovely, VERY GREEN Vermont. MAN! I gotta lot of relatives!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
Ronzie
I don't think snakes like the taste of me. I've handled snakes since I was a young child (now 46), and have never ever been bitten or struck at.
When as a child we lived out in the country and myself and 2 friends next door would go out and collect garter snakes. We'd get between 20-30 in about an hour. We'd put them in this huge aquarium and play with them for awhile and then put them back. They'd get several bites each and I never would. Of course they musked me.
Even my friend a few years ago had a hard to handle adult corn. I could reach right into his hide and pet it's head. My buddy would then try it and BAM!! He'd get struck. I'd reach in after him and nothing, every time.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
ceduke
I've used a drop of white vinegar. They let go RIGHT AWAY. This was important when I took on a big nasty rescued BRB.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google