CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

breeding behaviour

Old 04-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #1
lynn
breeding behaviour

Do female's show any sign's when they are ready for breeding? Just curious.

Old 04-01-2002, 07:28 PM   #2
Iris
Well I don't know if this was just a coincidence or an actual sign, but when my friend's corn (the one that's pregnant right now! ) had her post brumation shed, there was a big yellow spot at the vent in the shed skin. I don't know if that means anything though.... I suppose you could use the sheds for reference too.. but again someone with more experience is sure to know more. (The only animals I ever come in contact with are 3 corns, one bird, 2 frogs, and a whole bunch of fish, and most of those animals belong to my friends..)

Old 04-04-2002, 07:01 PM   #3
CornsnakeKeeper
Most breeders go with the trial and error method and they follow her post-brumation shed. Can anyone else identify with what Iris said?

Old 04-05-2002, 03:57 PM   #4
lynn
Thank's Iris and Cornsnakekeeper, I wont be breeding off her, she is just a pet But I was curious about it because of people saying the male's go off their food and other thing's.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google