CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Joining the club! Snake bite :)

Old 06-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Dorgrim
Cool Joining the club! Snake bite :)

Hooray! I can finally join the snake bite club! I was cleaning cages this morning when my female anery got a sniff of the backside of my fingers and nabbed me. She wrapped all the way around me and even gave me a good squeeze. Surprisingly she just hung on there and tried to eat me for a little bit! But i will say, its true! It doenst really hurt, even when they are on there really tight! I would say washing the cut hurt more than the actual bite!

I felt bad for her because she did loose a few teeth ): I didnt try to pull away or anything but her head was stuck under one of her coils and it was a really wide bite, so as she wriggled out they kinda just popped out! They grow back (right?)?!? So im leaving her a lone for a little bit and it honestly makes me a little curious. Aside from being hungry what could have set her off? Was it the hair backside of my nuckles :P lol I could see someone mistaking that for a fuzzy. hah

Its the first time shes done this and i couldnt actually see her being hungry? But i suppose she could have mistaken me for food. It wasnt an aggressive strike it was def a food strike, it included the coil and the stalk for a moment.

any who! Enjoy! I was pretty proud and now im showing it off!

Old 06-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Bethanne
Ummm...congratulations?? gosh....I can't wait...hmmmm.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
bfreewally1
You probably just startled her. It`s a natural defense.. Next time grab her right away before she knows what`s happening..

Old 06-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
crotalis40741
Welcome to the club, it is such a quickly earned entry at times LOL

Old 06-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
bfreewally1
Been catching snakes for 30 yrs. I`m not new to the club.. I know how they react..

Old 06-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
Razz
ill take the bite over the poop...lol

Old 06-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
bfreewally1
Me too. Most do when caught in the wild..Yuck... Poop or musk stinks..

Old 06-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
bfreewally1
It`s a defense just like a skunk spraying..

Old 06-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
Dorgrim
I wonder about the defense vs hungry, because she tried to constrict my hand and kill it. If i moved my hand at all she would adjust and tighten, or if i touched her she would just bite down and squeeze. I got her as she let go and did the "looking for the head" move. A swift pillow case and back in she went ....either way it wasnt that bad hah.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
cwillmoth32
Ohhh My! I can't wait! haha I am not really afraid of the biting, I just want to get it over with so I know what to expect!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google