CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Not active at all

Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Aaron1994
Not active at all

Just an update on my previous thread. My corn has not been active for one whole day now even through the night (I was up till 6am) and she is still in her one spot burrowed on the cool side too which worries me. I checked her out she moved abruptly while burrowed i had to dig abit to see if she was still alive and she was ok. But she use to be very active at night but now she isn't what so ever. The temperatures are fine, she gets fresh water, her cage is clean and she was recently fed 4 days ago, she is in my room which is very low traffic area for making her feel threatened to whats outside the viv. I also left the lights out all that time to see if maybe the darkness would make her come out but didn't work either. What could she be doing? is she sick? is she brumating (even though it is summer)?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
crotalis40741
Sounds like a normal snake thing to me most snakes like to hide most of the time mine have a schedule lol eat hide, drink hide, pooh hide. Really is nothing to be worried about as long as she is eating and the temps are right. Just can be the down side of snake ownership not seeing them much.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Miqote
I don't think your snake's behavior sounds unusual, especially after reading your previous post. She's probably just settling in and still getting used to her new home. I have one snake, Chai, who is very healthy and robust, but very, very rarely is seen roaming his cage (even at night). Sometimes he will poke his head out when he's getting hungry. My other corns, Emily and Alex especially, are a bit less timid and are often stretched out across the side of their tubs, and will even follow your finger along the side. Chai will zip right back in his hide at the sight of a wiggling finger!

I think she will start getting more active as time passes. As long as she is responding normally when you pick her up, and eating, I think she's doing just fine.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
Aaron1994
hmm, well I was debating whether or not to un-burrow her and handle her just to see how she reacts and see if shes healthy still. I pretty much look behind me every 10 minutes to see if she pokes out at all but still no signs of her even coming out for water (and its dusk) so that almost goes onto 2 whole days of no surface activity, her next feed is tomorrow. Should I attempt to hold her just to see if shes healthy? but that would require un-burrowing and don't want to if it will stress her. I appreciate the information i am getting thanks

Old 06-25-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
Aaron1994
I just have an urgency because I feel as if I need to tame her. The last time I held her it was for 3 minutes and nothing more past that (only one time) because I am too worried I will stress her if i go digging just to give her, her daily handling

Old 06-25-2011, 04:02 AM   #6
Aaron1994
ahh I think I fixed her shyness. I just went in and got her out and held her for a good 10 minutes and now shes out and about for the night. I think she was just overwhelmed with the mind set of me being a big predator outside of her cage but now that i broke that seal and now she knows my scent shes out now exploring again thanks all

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google