CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

snake has not come out of log for 3 days?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
StarpphireEnigma
Unhappy snake has not come out of log for 3 days?

so my tatsu refuses to come out of this log i have for him- ill poke him, coax him, leave him alone- nothing seems to work- at first i thought he was shedding, but i dont see any blue phase at all- have i bothered him so much he wants nothing to do with anyone? he has also missed his feeding this week, and has shown no desire to eat.

i can only assume that he is readying to shed- his last one was terrible, so he mabe aprehensive- either way, im still concerned- hell look at me, and then curl back up in the middle of the log( this was home made, i cant get him out from the middle)
any words of wisdom? help

Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
bitsy
* He probably is going into a shed.
* He might be out and about overnight when you're asleep.
* Never give a Corn a hide that you can't get them out of in an emergency.

* Don't worry and leave him alone! You can try leaving his defrosted food in the tank with him overnight and see if it's gone in the morning (if you haven't already tried that).

Old 07-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
StarpphireEnigma
yeah, i realized the log ( its real, and i put holes through it in case, but aparently i didnt summise that he could curl up so tight!) was a bad idea the past couple of days ! i actualy dont sleep, so i walk by and check on him all night, so does my husband.

good idea on the pinky- ill get one out for him and set the log down ( i feed him in a seperate container) thankyou for the help

Old 07-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
WingedSweetheart
My biggest corn loves her skull hide. I can get her out of it if I need too. But not without a fight from her lol! She stays in that thing all the time. I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes when she wont come out I just leave the mouse in front of the hide. Or I take the hide and put it in the feeding container with her in it.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
StarpphireEnigma
lol i hear you! i took his log out last night( him inside) and had my husbands snake coax him out- then she took over and played with the log!
thankfuly, he was in a good mood....actualy, more docile than usual- and seemingly, happy mabe he just needed that- anyway, ill ned to do something with the log to make it more accessable- thanks guys for all the advise

Old 07-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
StarpphireEnigma
finaly shed today, ate his two pinkies ( one being emo, didnt seem to care being eaten? weird, so ill be checking him frequintly- the pinky seemed fine besides that) so it seems all is well

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google