• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Look what I have now!

Oh that is so cool and thank you for pointing out where your little tad pole was in the picture. LOL I did not see him at first. I keep thinking about dart frogs but with my father and his current dementia I can barely keep up with my snakes. Please post photos of the little guy as he grows.

"Franklin" is starting to show signs of developing back legs!

Attachments

• 175367_402447_Large_rtm7PY1qtqRu.jpg
    175367_402447_Large_rtm7PY1qtqRu.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 82
I was going to get frogs, but keeping the bugs was a deterrent for me. I don't mind them just keeping up with them was the problem lol. Here is my very first tank I was building for frogs. Now it just sits empty because I couldn't keep the humidity up in it. This is the first one I ever made so it isn't pretty rotfl. I knew what I wanted but my mind and actually making it didn't click :laugh:

I love it!! I tried once to make my own natural aquarium with a water feature and what not and... as soon as I started applying the black lacquer ( I forgot exactly what it is) I realized that they are WAYYY harder to make than I had previously imagined. :sobstory: :laugh:
I've always wanted to create a natural self sustaining viv though!

Also I found a fruit fly supplier at a local expo and it really wasn't too hard to grow cultures. Fruit flys would probably make their way out though with that mesh top.

Franklyn looks great!! I'm inspired.

There's a couple different fruitfly species, some bigger, and probably wouldn't be able to get through the screen.
I won't have screen on my enclosure, so I'm not worried about that.

I'm so excited for Franklin to turn into a frog!
I've been told that the transition from water to air breathing can be a critical time, so I am hoping he/she makes it through that transition.

Look who is growing up!
Franklin now has legs and has developed color.

Attachments

• DSC_0816 (2).JPG
    DSC_0816 (2).JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 41
He/she is almost there! I moved Franklin to a mini (temporary) enclosure for now.

Attachments

• 12336403_871087576323186_72741717_n.jpg
    12336403_871087576323186_72741717_n.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 33
Looks great! Finally beginning to look like a frog! Quite a difference from when you brought your little tadpole home isn't it? Must be eating okay.

So cool! It must be neat watching Franklin's metamorphosis. Tinc and azureus dart frogs have made it to my wishlist as of late. Maybe someday!

Wow- I wouldn't have expected the transformation to take nearly that long! He's so cute!!

He's so cute! What a sweet little froggy.
It's so cool to see them transform from a tadpole to a frog :)

Good job "mom" !!!
Thanks! I didn't do anything, really. LOL

Looks great! Finally beginning to look like a frog! Quite a difference from when you brought your little tadpole home isn't it? Must be eating okay.
The tadpole part is easy, but now it's the feeding of fruit flies. I hope he/she continues to grow!
This is my first frog.

So cool! It must be neat watching Franklin's metamorphosis. Tinc and azureus dart frogs have made it to my wishlist as of late. Maybe someday!
It was so cool! Now I have a froglet! So cute!
I'm sure I will end up with a couple more of them.

Back