CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Meet "Zephan" :)

Old 11-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #21
Jessicat
Awww, he already looks much better to me. Also, those eyes!! He's got that "peering right into your soul" gaze, and it's amazing how trusting he looks. Beautiful boy, so glad you're caring for him now!

Old 11-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #22
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
Awww, he already looks much better to me. Also, those eyes!! He's got that "peering right into your soul" gaze, and it's amazing how trusting he looks. Beautiful boy, so glad you're caring for him now!
Thank you! What a difference good food makes, right?
It is amazing to me that dogs can be so resilient. You can tell he's been through so much, and appears broken hearted. I'm glad he's not fully shut down, but I think had he been in a shelter for much longer, he would have ended up that way.

I see hope in his eyes, and that makes me so happy!

This boy is stealing my heart!

Old 11-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #23
Nanci
What are you feeding him?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:22 PM   #24
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
What are you feeding him?
I started off feeding him just cooked chicken and rice, and giving him supplements that were given to me for him; Red Cell, Synacore, Fortical, and food grade D.E.

I started adding the Fromm grain free kibble that I give the girls, and added whole oats to the chicken and rice.
I later started giving him the Darwin's raw that I feed the girls in the morning, and adding in Ultra oil with hemp seed oil, as well as a little bit of shelled hemp seed, and keifer.
I have also put canned pumpkin in with his meals to help the transition.
He also gets raw meaty bones to chew on for his teeth.

I am working towards making my own raw at home and weaning out the Darwin's to be more cost effective, with the help of a friend who makes and sells her raw formulas.
This boy is amazing! He is so sweet, despite what he went through. He HAD to have belonged to someone who once cared for him.
A neglected Mal typically ends up with behavior and trust issues (like Alexa) who likely was left in the back yard, with no training or socializing. It took me 2+ years to trim her claws without a muzzle. She still curls her lips, but she doesn't offer to bite anymore.
From day 1 with Zephan, I can mess with his feet, his mouth, whatever, and he is very tolerant.

He's definitely a jumper, and I wonder if he maybe was an escape artist and the owner gave up on him. He jumped about 6ft vertical when I was at the back door to let him outside to go potty.
I think some agility would be fun for him at some point.

He went nuts for the squeaky ball last night, and grabbed at it, but the second his teeth hit my hand, he was gentle. It's the same way with hand feeding treats or food to him. He is very eager to get it, but the second his teeth touch, he's super gentle about taking it.

He has a lot more energy than he did when I picked him up.
I am so happy to see him improving!

Old 11-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #25
MysticExotics
Day 10 here.
He is looking better each day.

I took the last pic yesterday. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see the change in his eyes!

Old 11-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #26
MalinoisK9
Such a beautiful boy and so lucky to be with you now! Jumpers they are! I had to add 2 feet of metal link fencing to my 6 foot privacy fence to keep Kriger in. 8' didn't stop him... I had to do some hiding out front with his e-collar remote to break him from climbing even that.

Does he have any tattoos in his ears or inner thigh? Any history on his pedigree/breeder?

Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #27
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalinoisK9 View Post
Such a beautiful boy and so lucky to be with you now! Jumpers they are! I had to add 2 feet of metal link fencing to my 6 foot privacy fence to keep Kriger in. 8' didn't stop him... I had to do some hiding out front with his e-collar remote to break him from climbing even that.

Does he have any tattoos in his ears or inner thigh? Any history on his pedigree/breeder?
Thank you!
I think I am going to have to add to my 6ft wood privacy fence with this one. I joke that my female halfling doesn't know that she is part Mal, and I've been really lucky that even the 3ft wood picket fence in my front yard keeps her inside.

No tattoos, and no clue on his breeder or pedigree. I wish I did know his history.
For having been in a shelter for four months, and a stray for who knows how long before that, he is so sweet and gentle!
He is eager about food, and will lunge towards it, but the second his teeth hit my hand, he is very gentle.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #28
MysticExotics
Day 15 here, and we will be heading to the vet in a bit for his exam, and to see how much weight he has gained since he has been with me. It will be an approximate, because I only know his intake weight of 54lbs when he arrived at Safe Haven shelter, in OR on 10/29/15.

Edit to add: I spoke with the vet clinic who neutered him on 11/3, he was 46.9lb when he got neutered.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #29
Dragonling
He's really starting to fill out in such a short time. Going to be a handsome boy one he's at his proper weight.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #30
Nanci
He looks great! And I want to point out how much easier it is to follow his story here, as opposed to on Facebook. This is why Facebook will never be able to take over the universe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google