CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

I couldn't help myself!!!!!

Old 08-02-2016, 02:53 AM   #31
DLena
His face is really lovable. He's going to need a really sweet name.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #32
Zombiegirl
I am terrible with names! It took me a week to name my dog Lucy lol...I was calling her "little girl" for a week...finally settled on Lucy, although I wanted something different. I did want a classic name because at the time I had Harrison, so I wanted something classy to go with Harrison lol.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #33
HerpsOfNM
The chondro community has this knack for naming their GTPs, and thus conveniently it's easy to track lineages. Unfortunately, you have to rely on individuals vs having a repository like ACR but it is absolutely nuts on what some of the "regulars" within that community retain of what animals is what and where it came from or has been.

I'm with you though, I've never really been great with naming. Though not seriously superstitious, even having played baseball most of my life, I made the mistake of setting on a theme for my first clutch of GTP eggs back in 2007. 2 weeks later, mom stopped maternally incubating and I had NOTHING in reserve via an incubator for such happening. I quickly got a hovabator up and running, but I'm pretty certain I goofed the temps and humidity. I had babies hatch as I was within the last 2 weeks of incubation when mom came off the clutch, and I started to name them. Not a single one made it. The most annoying part was the strongest one would tease "feed" but 5-10 minutes later I'd find the pinkie on the cage floor. It took 4 months to lose that one. I haven't had chondro eggs since, but I plan to remedy that in the future.

TL; DR...So now I don't name critters until they are established.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #34
Asmodeus
so when is this handsome boy coming home?? he has the cutest face!!

Old 08-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #35
Zombiegirl
Quote:
so when is this handsome boy coming home??
Well I am currently making a plan to go get the rest of my snakes, so hopefully after that and when it cools off a bit I would say, hopefully within the next month or so? It's ideally up to his breeder as she would need/want to ship him in the most optimal temps...that and I need to get his viv and stuff

Old 08-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #36
Zombiegirl
Updated pics!!! His breeder sent me these yesterday morning after he shed He is so handsome!!! I love his teeny little 'stache lol...I can't wait to meet him in person!

Old 08-18-2016, 03:37 PM   #37
DollysMom
He is totally adorable. His color is awesome and that face is so engaging!

Old 08-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #38
Zombiegirl
Quote:
His color is awesome and that face is so engaging
Right??? His face was what drew me to him lol. I couldn't stop looking at him or thinking about him for a couple days and was so excited when his breeder said he was still available I jumped at the chance to have him lol.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:06 PM   #39
DLena
Believe you me, many's the face that's gotten me. That and mannerisms. Ours are like that, so is Rufus. They don't bark or purr, or have paws to put on us...so the way they look at us or hold their head...is really very expressive. It's why I love them so much. Their personality really comes through.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #40
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Right??? His face was what drew me to him lol. I couldn't stop looking at him or thinking about him for a couple days and was so excited when his breeder said he was still available I jumped at the chance to have him lol.
Oh heavens yes! I've been there and totally identify. It doesn't matter if they are expensive or rescues either! When you fall in love, you fall in love.

That boy is a total doll. I'm beyond happy for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google