CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Corn snake questions

Old 06-24-2020, 02:58 AM   #11
MatCat
I certainly no expert but that tail LOOKS male, my females tail tapers off VERY sharply, looks very different to that, but of course from what I know of corns that isn't guaranteed only real way to know is probe or pop.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #12
MegF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually it looks a lot like what I used to call the "Crimson Corns" which were a form of hypomelanistic Miami phase.

As for sex, I would say that there is a 50/50 chance it is a male....

Well, maybe 90/10.
Soooper genius!

Old 06-30-2020, 02:20 AM   #13
thegreyace
Okay so an update, hes been named Strawberry/Yogurt (used interchangeably or together bc I couldn't choose one lol)
But I have a slight concern with the 'burned'scale on his head.
The scale can be seen on the top of his head right between his eyes in the pictures. He seems to be getting closer to shed, and (I've since stopped handling) the other day before I realized so I was holding him and noticed that he was itching his head on my fingers and even allowing me to rub his head w/o squirming or anything. Which is weird bc he is still squeamish when handling so I'd think hed be SUPER headshot. Anyway, anywhere he scratched his head he left a faint grayish black streak from where the scale is. This hasn't happened before when I've handled him and the scale looks the same, it's just leaving Mark's now.
Hes eating well and every 5 days he gets a pinky, which he never denies. So I wouldn't think it could be infected but idk....
I'm just curious if anyone has an idea what it could be or has had a similar experience.

On another note, since hes getting close to shed, his next feeding day is tomorrow, should I skip it or still try to feed him?

Old 06-30-2020, 02:20 AM   #14
thegreyace
Okay so an update, hes been named Strawberry/Yogurt (used interchangeably or together bc I couldn't choose one lol)
But I have a slight concern with the 'burned'scale on his head.
The scale can be seen on the top of his head right between his eyes in the pictures. He seems to be getting closer to shed, and (I've since stopped handling) the other day before I realized so I was holding him and noticed that he was itching his head on my fingers and even allowing me to rub his head w/o squirming or anything. Which is weird bc he is still squeamish when handling so I'd think hed be SUPER headshot. Anyway, anywhere he scratched his head he left a faint grayish black streak from where the scale is. This hasn't happened before when I've handled him and the scale looks the same, it's just leaving Mark's now.
Hes eating well and every 5 days he gets a pinky, which he never denies. So I wouldn't think it could be infected but idk....
I'm just curious if anyone has an idea what it could be or has had a similar experience.

On another note, since hes getting close to shed, his next feeding day is tomorrow, should I skip it or still try to feed him?

Old 06-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #15
hypnoctopus
I would skip his feeding until after he's done shedding. And I'll be curious to see what his head scale looks like after his shed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google