CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

1st snake and so in love

Old 05-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
danni02
1st snake and so in love

hi guys, we got our first little corn this morning, she is such a cutie. she is about 18 months old and pretty big already. not got many decent pics of her as we are leaving her to settle in, she seems to enjoy climbing up the sides of the viv and the glass, keeps going back to her hide and then popping back out for a roam around.
hoping i have attached the pictures right

Old 05-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
jagodzinski
Welcome! And congratulations on your little cutie - love those bold belly checkers.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #3
jagodzinski
One thing I just noticed is it looks like (correct me if I'm wrong) that the thermometer probe is by the water and that temp is warm. Usually, you want the water to be on the cool side. And you want at least 1 hide on the warm side. You should have at least 2 hides, one on warm side and one on cool side, but more are better. Also, some fake plants can provide ground coverage that makes snakes feel more secure. They like having lots of places to hide in. And some branches to climb would be great too.

Once again, very cute snake! Best of luck

Old 05-21-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
danni02
thank you, she is gorgeous. the number on the temp is actually the time, its one with 2 probes and measures both the hot side and the cold side. her hot side is 86 and the cold 65. we have another hide and greenery on order for her and some small led strip lights for inside the viv.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #5
albertagirl
Congratulations on your new girl! Any thoughts on a name yet?

Old 05-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
danni02
not just yet, i think we are gonna let the kids decide on a bunch of names and pick out of a hat.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
jagodzinski
That's a very cool way to pic a name! Such a little sweetie. Congrats again

Old 05-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #8
Genlisae
Welcome! Beautiful snake. Congratulations!

Old 05-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
Asher9
She is beautiful!

Old 05-27-2016, 07:43 PM   #10
DollysMom
She's very cute!

I've noticed that some snakes spend their first few days exploring every nook and cranny. Once they have finished they kind of settle down except at night when I see evidence of much snakey activity.

Your little one looks so much like my Mandy exploring when I got her a little over a month ago, down to seeing the belly checkers as she climbed the glass!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google