CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Need advice on background colour

Old 05-21-2016, 10:58 PM   #1
Genlisae
Need advice on background colour

I am in the process of painting a background on MDF. I am aiming for a kind of mosaic tile effect and am just about at the point where I am painting the "grout" lines. My original plan was to go for a silver grout colour, but I thought I would stand it up behind Tequila's tank before I started just to see if the idea was going to work at all.

Now I am thinking I might like it more if the grout lines were a dark grey or black, but at the same time I kind of like the light colour for them, I just think the light draws too much attention to the background and the rest of the viv gets lost. Opinions?

Old 05-21-2016, 11:41 PM   #2
Hikari
I think a mid/dark grey would look good. Otherwise, like you said, it pulls too much attention away from the viv. I think black would be too dark though, you'd have a harder time making out the darker colors.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:14 AM   #3
albertagirl
What about a dark brown to match the eco-earth? Or I kind of like the light blue tips on that plant right in the middle, what about a light/mid-tone blue grey? Don't you love it when people vote for option other than the multiple choices given?
I agree that white steals the show, though it looks great, and black might be a bit dark.

Can't wait to see the finished product, that looks really cool!!

Old 05-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Genlisae
Thank you both for the suggestions. It hadn't occurred to me that a black would be too dark, but I think you are correct.

I hadn't thought of a blue-grey either ... hmm. I may have to experiment with that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google