CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Is Snakey going to be ok?

Old 05-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #11
T-SULLI
Thanks for the support and love everyone! Still nothing yet as of this morning before I left for work. Hopefully soon!

Old 05-27-2016, 01:16 AM   #12
DuxorW
It has been a few days, did Snakey finally lay that last egg?

Old 05-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #13
axis1
Yeah, I'm also wondering and actually feeling nervous for you and your little sneaky one!

It's AMAZINGLY IRONIC! I can handle human drama & tragedy on many levels - I've been a social worker for the past quarter century and have worked with death & dying in every neighborhood of NYC where cops are even afraid to tread, but if something goes wrong with one of my snakes or if I even read about it here, I am suddenly transformed to something similar to a NUN IN A CUCUMBER PATCH!!! A topic for a separate thread but can anyone explain this?

Old 05-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #14
DollysMom
I'm not a professional but I think most of us have a compassion for animals, especially those whose care depends on humans. I think it may come from the same place that makes us want to parent our children. That certainly is important for the continuation of the species and is probably quite hard wired into most of us.

Axis, love the mental picture of a nun in a cucumber patch, lol. You certainly have a way with words

P.S. Do any of the rest of you feel an oxytocin rush when you handle your snakes? I get one by their just looking at me. Mandy stuck her face out at me from her warm hide when I was cleaning her humid hide this morning and I just about melted.

I forgot to add that I too hope Snakey is okay. Egg bound is on of those really dicey things.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #15
axis1
Don't really know if it's oxytocin or endorphins but what's the REAL difference? Give it a name, huh? I DEFINITELY get a warm, fuzzy feeling and it might also explain why my other hobbies in life included skydiving and long-distance running!!!

Besides, I THINK oxytocin is more common in females, but I may be wrong and am open to suggestion or correction!

And glad you like my analogies or metaphors (forgot which is which!) Dollysmom but I AM from Brooklyn so I have to represent, sorta. Not everyone from NYC is rude or stupid (and I don't think that Taco Bell is a Mexican phone company either!! )!

Old 05-27-2016, 07:52 PM   #16
DollysMom
No, men do have oxytocin: http://www.livescience.com/42198-what-is-oxytocin.html

I've been to New York multiple times-- all 5 boroughs including Brooklyn. New York is one of the friendliest cities with some of the nicest and most helpful people I've ever met anywhere. I <3 New York.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:02 PM   #17
Corning
That was neat article. Unfortunately there is no money in a lot of those research projects. So the theory is not validated. Anyway I agree New York is awesome and you snake needs a name!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 05-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #18
axis1
Well, I stand corrected (re: oxytocin in men) and it just goes to show that no one is EVER too old to learn!

I also appreciate the confirmation that New Yorkers are indeed good people, as I have lived in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx during my tenure on this planet. One thing about growing up in the city, you grow up FAST, being exposed to things at 11 many just don't get to see until adulthood! But that is fodder for a separate thread and I'm not so sure it would be appropriate for this forum. However, on behalf of most New Yorkers, fuhgeddaboudit! Youse are da best baby!!

BTW, T-Sulli - are you still around? Inquiring minds wanna know: how's snakey doin' nowadays? Pass that stubborn slug yet? This has GOT to be a case that conjures up images of ex-lax for sneaky ones. I read in a thread somewhere that laxatives actually worked on snakes. Anybody remember this? But it might be for constipation only, as eggs travel via a different highway, I think? And it wasn't ex-lax but something else. Can't remember right now, not the BRIGHTEST bulb on the MARQUEE at night (better after coffee in the morning). Sorry.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #19
T-SULLI
Hey guys! Yeah I am still here! I am in the middle of looking at houses and jobs in a different state all while working around 65 hours a week... LIFE OVERLOAD! Haha! I apologize for not giving updates and I appreciate the interest in how Snakey is doing!

I am a little confused actually. Snakey still has not passed that last slug or pooped for what seems like forever. The vet said if she is not feeling well she will be sluggish and lethargic but in fact she has been the opposite! She has been more active and curious than ever! I did make an egg box for her and it took a couple of days until she decided to go inside but now that she is in there, its her new favorite place.

The vet said wait 2 weeks and if nothing happens, bring her back... Well this Wednesday will have been 2 weeks so it looks like it may be time for another vet visit. I was REALLY hoping to avoid this but I think she may need a little human intervention to get that last slug out...

She has been a trooper though! I hope we can get this resolved without having to do surgery! I will continue with the updates as often as I can!

Thanks again guys!

Old 05-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #20
DollysMom
Thanks for the update. Glad she found her lay box and that she's active. Everyone here is pulling for her and for you. You have a very full plate. Hang in there!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google