CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Anery Question

Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #21
Susan
Very nice "pastel" anery motley! Definite peachy color to his saddles as well as some pink in his ground color! He might have some of the same genetics that cause the increased pink of the coral ghosts and salmon snows. You'll know more as he grows and the pink color increases in his ground color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post
Wow Susan those look incredible, but the first and second pics are georgous. Are those your snakes or just photos from the net?
Those are two of my boys, bred and hatched right here 10 years ago. The second one, Fury, was sold several years ago, but I still have Figaro as well as their sister, Fiesta.

Here is Fury in May '09 shortly before he left for his new home, and Figaro in February '11 (he is overdue for a photo session). You can see how much of the peach color has been replaced by melanin.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
snakehobbyist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Very nice "pastel" anery motley! Definite peachy color to his saddles as well as some pink in his ground color! He might have some of the same genetics that cause the increased pink of the coral ghosts and salmon snows. You'll know more as he grows and the pink color increases in his ground color.

I asked his breeder about the parents when I purchased him at the show in August. The breeder said he was an anery x snow OR coral snow. The breeder couldn't be sure whether the coral snow or snow was the mother. Do you think the strawberry from the coral snow is present in him? I guess that would tell me who his mother is!

I guess I always thought that MOST color phases were recessive in nature, so I didn't expect anything else to be expressed in him. At any rate, I think he's a beautiful boy! I bought him specifically to pair with my snow when she's big enough (she's still a baby at 75g).

Old 11-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
Susan
Without breeding trails, and even then, I can't say if strawberry is involved. We're not even sure if strawberry &/or something else is the cause of the increased pink color in some lines.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #24
snakehobbyist
Well, all his babies with my snow will definitely be anery. I can observe them as they grow before they are sold to see if they express the same coloring that he does. But, my snow won't be ready for probably 2 years, so I'm a ways off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google