CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Anyone have hissing cockroaches?

Old 01-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
Alli_Draggy
Anyone have hissing cockroaches?

We have a few hissing houseguests for a couple of weeks from the science lab so Alli can get some observation and recording experience in. They're kind of fun little beasties.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
jagodzinski
Very cool! I remember doing a lab with them in biology monitoring their respiration. I remember them having sticky-ish little pads on their feet - cool little guys.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
mishima25
That's very interesting. We don't do live animal observation or experiments at school in Spain, but I think it could be very enriching for our children.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
Alli_Draggy
We homeschool. I don't think most classrooms here have live animals even as pets anymore. Our local science fair doesn't allow any live animal projects, not even things like setting up different bird feeders and tracking use by wild birds.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:19 AM   #5
mishima25
Oh, I thought you still had some hamster, bird or something like that as a classroom pet. I only know live dissection is not legal anymore in most countries. Homeschooling is not legal here either.
Always good to know how things are changing around the globe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google