CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Tad bit confused on some %'s

Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
RoseRed
Question Tad bit confused on some %'s

What does 66% mean? I come across it quite often and I don't understand where it comes from (Like 66% het anery or sometimes there is a list like 66% het anery, diffused, lavender). I imagined that to be a certain percentage het for something it would be 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% aka quarter increments. But that does not seem to be the case.

Could somebody please inform me on this? Thanks for helping ^^

Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
pheonix
It means that that snake has a 66% chance of being het for xyz. If you cross an amel to a normal then all offspring are normals 100% het amel. Het amel x het amel will give you some amels and normals 66% het amel. Het amel x normal will give you all normals 50% het amel. We use these percentages because there is now way of knowing for sure if that snake carries those genes aside from breeding the snake out. Hope this helps!

Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
RoseRed
Thanks that makes more sense now

Old 11-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
cornsnakeforsale_com
Here's another example that explains it well (see post 5).

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125769

Some people for example will say any of the following:

Amel 66% possible het anery
Amel 66% phet anery
Amel 66% het anery
Amel 66% anery

So on average, 2/3 of babies listed that way will actually be het, but you don't know which ones unless you prove it out through breeding.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
Pugsley
And when you've proved it, they are no longer ph, or 66% but either 100% or 0%, but no one lists the 0%, at least that I've ever seen.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
And when you've proved it, they are no longer ph, or 66% but either 100% or 0%, but no one lists the 0%, at least that I've ever seen.
Bawhaha I would love to see that.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Pugsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Bawhaha I would love to see that.
Oh come on Christen! I think there are some breeders here that would very much like to get some corns with 0% hypo, guaranteed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google