CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

ID morph please help.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Pransis
ID morph please help.

can anyone please help me identify my corn.

is she a lavender, anery, or a ghost?

Old 12-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Shiari
Ghost motley. Lavenders don't get htat heavy wash of yellow.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
Pransis
thank you so much shiari..

Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
screamindemon17
Gorgous were did u get her

Old 12-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
Pransis
Thanks.. I hatched her..

Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
Shiari
What were her parents?

Old 12-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #7
Pransis
The male was a stripe pink snow and female motley anery..

Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Shiari
Because of those genetics, you were not going to end up with a lavender unless both snakes carry the lavender gene.

A striped snow carries the genes for stripe, anery, and amel in homozygous form. This means that it has two copies of the stripe gene, two copies of the anery gene, and two copies of the amel gene. It takes two copies of these genes for the animal to visually display the trait. If they had only one copy of a gene, they would be able to make offspring that show the trait, but would not show it themselves.

And it's the same for the anery motley. It has two copies of anery and two of motley. The two copies of anery match up in each snake, which means the snake MUST be at least an anery. Motley and Stripe take up the same location, genetically. Your snake got one stripe gene, and one motley gene and because they fill up the spots, they make the animal display a morph. Genetically your snake is a motley/stripe. Phenotypically (how it looks) it is a motley. It looks like a ghost motley to me, which means both parents might be het for hypo. But I could be wrong and it might be an anery motley. You'd have to test breed to be sure.

Your snake is also het for amel. It is carrying the gene, because it got 1 gene from the snow for amel. But the anery motley did not give it an amel gene, so it is not displaying amelanism. If you bred it to a snow stripe, you could get anery motleys, anery stripes, snow motleys and snow stripes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google