CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

New CHAT room.... (TEST version)

Old 10-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Rich Z
New CHAT room.... (TEST version)

I'm trying out a new script that is based on the previous chat system we had here. Gotten some complaints about the current system dropping out on people, so perhaps this one will be a bit more robust. Hopefully, anyway.

As mentioned, this is a trial version of the software and limited to only 5 persons being logged into it at a time. It also is not tied to the member database yet, so you will simply pick a logon name in order to enter it.

Anyway, wring it out for me and see what you think. I haven't played around with it myself, so any "how-to" questions are likely going to have to be figured out on the fly.

Oh, one other thing. I believe this new chat script can only be integrated with the latest version of vBulletin (3.6), so this site will need to be updated accordingly before the final version of the chat software can be fully integrated. That is already in the works, so no big deal. But obviously the chat system will have to be "as is" until that time.

Here's the link to that test chat system -> http://63.247.91.150:8085/

Thanks...

Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Tula_Montage
I like it!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage
I like it!
Wow! That was quick!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Tula_Montage
I know... but I do. I like how you can't piss about with the background colour then have people complain when they cannot see your font colur. I like the simplicity.

I never had troubles with the current room though.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
susang
thanks Rich, the connection was much faster, hope this works out, susan

Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
Rich Z
Were you able to get 5 members in there at a time? I know it's not much of a stress test, but I'm curious to know how the interaction between members went in this test code.

Thanks,

Rich Z.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
susang
Hi Rich, I don't know if five people tried it. Most people seem to be on between 5-9pm pdt. I was on last night the old chat most of the regulars were there. I'll send a pm to some of the reg and see if they can try it out. susang

Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
mbdorfer
Seems to be working pretty well. I like it.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
toyah
I like it. It runs so smoothly on my machine, nothing like the current chat room. Thanks Rich, your work is appreciated!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #10
Susan
There are 4 of us in the test chat at the moment and it looks and acts just fine! Nice big print so the seeing-impaired have no problem, nice delineation between one shatter and another, seems to work fast enough...no complaints from me!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google