CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

How Old is YOUR Oldest Corn???

Old 06-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #111
MegF.
I'm pretty sure my original cornsnake is still around in a classroom in Illinois...he'd be about 11 or so now.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #112
drgnsteve64
My first Corn, a female Miami, I had her for nearly 20 years. My oldest now will be 15 this year and is still going strong.

My oldest snake, how-ever, is my first California Kingsnake, and he will be 19 this year...

Steve

Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #113
akaangela
I just stumbled on this thread and wanted to post. My oldest corn is about 15. My oldest snake is a Texas rat and he is, believe it or not, 29 y.o.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:04 AM   #114
NiklasTyreso
A healthy cornsnake should become 15-20 years, if it is not sick or to heavily inbred.

I gave away my oldest, a healthy egg laying female, when she was 15 yrs old.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #115
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULEBRA85 View Post
Thanx, but i just realized that Crush who already had a cataract in one eye, now has them in both eyes. he's getting old.
The only blind snake is the snake with no tongue. FWIW, make sure that snake gets NO UVB radiation, which will speed up the deterioration. I would keep lights off of it altogether if it's got amel.

Back on subject, I still have a couple of okeetees with hatch dates in the 90's.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #116
nancyg
In 2008 I got my first, Pinky (f amel) and Moe (f normal?) from Craigslist. They were between 12 and 18 or so inches (older hatchling or young juveniles?) so possibly they are 07, that would make them perhaps 6 years old? I traded for Rex (m bloodred) in 2010? and was told that he was possibly 4-5 years old so that would make him - wow, 8 or 9, possibly 10 years old!

It is hard to measure mine, since it's just me. But guesstimating based on my height (5"2) Rex may be about 4.5 feet, he isn't too interested in stretching out along my arms.

he's also a bit of a butthead, and I will never willingly brumate him again, he turned into a complete ass. (only time I've ever been bitten).
Pinky and Moe are just fine, Pinky has been especially calm the few times she's been handled by people new to snakes.
I've not had him sexed but I'm pretty sure my juvenile motley LG 'Elgee' is a boy, He's showing a LOT of interest right now in Moe (who's next to him) and he's been good about being handled.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #117
LittleFrog
My oldest, and only (so far) corn snake is 7 ... months, lol. He's an inch or two over 2 feet long by my best estimate, I need to use the corn calc ap to measure him properly, and was 72 grams when I weighed him last weekend. Tomorrow is feeding day, so I'll get to see how much weight he has gained since then!

Old 04-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #118
smigon
I rescued a beautiful but cranky snow a few months ago and she is 13. She strikes often when you go to pick her up which is why they didn't want her anymore, but she has never broken my skin and I have learned to strike before she does and once I am holding her she is fine.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:56 AM   #119
KellyH
Just an update ....... My girl is still going strong. She's 27 now and be 28 in Aug.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #120
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyH View Post
Just an update ....... My girl is still going strong. She's 27 now and be 28 in Aug.
That is wonderful! Congrats!

-Tonya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google