CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Anyone use Layne Labs?

Old 09-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #31
aquatic mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothPixel View Post
I've been looking at rodentpro, but the smallest bag they have is 100, and that's just too many mice of any one size, as I have only the one snake.
Sorry, have to hop in here. You have only the one snake...so far. lol. I buy from RodentPro (no shipping as I pick them up at shows) and use to think the same thing. "The smallest bag you have is 100?" Now I have 2 corns, 1 leucistic texas rat, and a sand boa that all eat them. I'm running out of mice and it's only been 6 months since I bought the mice! Time for another order.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #32
arimaris
I received my first order and used them last night to feed. I weigh my pinky's because I am enough of a geek that I want to know how big they are. And the promised "2-4 grams" was actually a consistent 3-4 on about a dozen of them. Since I was using some from a local store I was looking for a small one as the previous 2 meals were both 2 grams or less (one flipped back and forth from 1 to 2 g on the scale). I ended up giving up because I figured it was worth it to get my snake fed and just gave her one of them. Besides that, they arrived frozen and the overall quality seems good. All intact mice, nicely packaged.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #33
Fatman608
I would like to throw a monkey wrench into these thread and say not to forget about Big Cheese Rodent Factory because for me they are cheaper then other rodent supplers for me. I live in South Texas and Big Cheese is in Dallas/Forth Worth area.

I guess what I am trying to say is that prices are all about the same for the mice or rats but it depends on where you live as to the shipping charge.

So be smart shoppers and find out the total price = mice + shipping for your order.

Love the Fatman

Old 09-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #34
inthecageapparel
this is, to me, quite an interesting thread. i am about ready to order some pinkies myself. the only places i have seen are in florida and dallas. i am in tennessee so shipping would be about the same, so i am still researching. whichever way i go would be cheaper than the somewhat local petco... which takes about an hour each way

Old 08-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #35
Kyrtis
I ordered from Layne Labs. Bought 50 small pinky mice. I also live in SoCal so the delivery charge was cheap and all and all, it went quite well. Mice were still frozen when i got them and they looked great. Quickly vacuum sealed them in a new bag. I'd order from them again, no doubt.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #36
DaGiant
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorouszoo View Post
Sales pitch. Come on you think a place would say "bulk raised in large bins pulled as ordered"? I never trust what I see on a website. I go by referals. No one has heard of these folks so . . . I will let you guys be the proverbial guinea pigs and see how you all like them.

I have ordered from them many times and they are awesome!
Cleaner than I EVER got from RP/Big Cheese/TMF.
If you are in the west the shipping is a big difference,
but if in the east half the shipping is higher, so cheaper for you
to get from RP.
I also order on a FRI or SAT and they are shipped Monday for a
Tues AM fed ex delivery.
I ordered from RP on a Fri and didnt get the mice for 2 Weeks via UPS!
The convenience of fast delivery is a big factor for me also.
They are at many shows here in Cali also, so not a "No Name" here.
They supply mice for wildlife/Bird sanctuaries and shows too.
You are not being a "Guinea pig" they are an established and well
run feeder mouse supplier. Their mouse "Size" is more consistant also,
from RP I recieved "Hoppers" that were the same size as the "Weanlings".

Layne is highly recommended from me!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #37
taxman123
Layne Labs is awesome I have bought frozen at the san diego show and then I bought frozen and live at the pomona show. I needed some females for my colony and the owner of Layne hooked it up with some big healthy females for the same price as the feeders. There mice are healthy clean and I would say some of the best out there.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #38
jtjacob
I ordered my first bag of f/t mice from Big Apple Herp last week. I almost immediately regretted my decision after I was able to find better quantities and prices elsewhere. I got the box in today and while all but one of the 100 pinkies were in tact, at least half were missing legs or tails and the bag wasn't even vacuum sealed, but I will say that other than a few missing appendages they seem to be good quality. I made the best of it and sealed them up into month long servings and fed my little guy the headless pinkie (he didn't mind one bit). I think when I make my next order I will definitely try a different supplier though.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #39
MysticExotics
I placed an order with Layne Labs not too long ago, & was more than pleased with the whole experience!
One of the reasons I initally ordered from them was that it would have been a good two weeks before I would get my order from RP, so I decided to give LL a try. I placed my order over the weekend, & I had the order at my door on Wednesday! The quality is much better than RP, they're not all squished up & such.

Shipping is better than RP for sure, being on the West Coast.

I will say, I did a comparison order for a large order (over 1000 rodents) with LL & RP, & RP was cheaper by $100, but the amount I ordered this time was fairly close, plus I got it a LOT sooner.

I got a call the day before my order arrived to let me know when it was set to arrive. I also like their packing better than RP.

LL will definitely get my business again!

Old 10-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #40
JennaJ
For any current prospective buyers-- when they say "Large pinkies" (mice) they're not kidding around. These are monster pinkies!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google