• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Will this change or am I just looking at the wrong time?

<<S>>

My snake used to come out at about 9pm when I just got him/her. But now it just stays under his/her waterbowl....even when I checked at 2-3 AM!!

Do they come out later or...what:confused: ??

In the Corn Snake Manual, it also says that corns are crepuscular (did I spell that right?) meaning they are mostly active at dawn and dusk.
From observing my snakes, I would say that this is true. One of mine comes out around the time it starts getting dark, explores around for a few hours, and then goes back into his hides around midnight. then at 5 or 6 am when the sky begins to lighten, he comes back out and roams some more.
The others aren't exactly as precise, but they seem to follow the same pattern.

Or, maybe your snake is getting ready to shed? They like to hide more around that time.

really?? euhm...when their eyes get a bit foggy/white-ish....does that mean its about to shed?? 'Cause "she"(at least I think it's a she) is hiding underneath her waterbowl lately.....normaly she would come out and roam her viv...

And thnx for all your info guys....:) ;)

She is probably about to shed. Many snakes stay in hiding during this time instead of taking nightly cruises. She will most likely come out more often again after the shed.

bmm

Back