CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Very agressive

Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #41
Hallie
Humidity should usually be around 40 or 50%. And then provide a humid hide or mist the viv when the snake is in shed.

Might I suggest picking up a copy of Kathy Love's book? It is fantastic and covers all aspects of care, from beginner stuff, through breeding and genetics, and covers colors and patterns as well. Its called Cornsnakes: The Comprehensive Owners Guide. You can buy it directly from Kathy on her site, cornutopia.com. You can also find the older version (now out of print) on sites like Amazon.com for really cheap, it is called The Corn Snake Manual.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #42
02CETA24
Ok the temp on the cooler side is about 70 and the heated side is about 82 to 84

Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #43
02CETA24
i made a mistake the humidity is going down to around 60 right now

Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #44
Hallie
Okay. Temps aren't too bad. It would be nice if you could get the cool side up a few degrees, but you're heading in the right direction.

60% humidity is okay, yeah, a little high, but shouldn't do any harm.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #45
02CETA24
well the temp is down to 72 right now on the cool side and the heated side is about 82 to 84 so the temps and the humidity is right i just hope bugs is okay he seems okay when i take him out he feels really comfortable when i play with him but he still wont move from his tree i just bought

Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #46
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02CETA24 View Post
well the temp is down to 72 right now on the cool side and the heated side is about 82 to 84 so the temps and the humidity is right i just hope bugs is okay he seems okay when i take him out he feels really comfortable when i play with him but he still wont move from his tree i just bought
Some of them like trees. My Fred spends a lot of time in his tree or climbing his vines (they seem to do this a lot as babies).

Wait at least 5 days from the last attempted feeding before trying again. You don't want to put him off food for good.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #47
02CETA24
oh no i will never put him off food i try to encourage him to eat but im sure he will come out of his state and get hungry enough to eat but im sure he is fine hes just kicking back and once pinky is gone im sure things will get a lot better pinky likes to take over lol

Old 01-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #48
Hallie
What I meant by 'put him off food' was scaring him into not eating. If you constantly try to feed a non-feeding baby (like trying to feed them every day or even every other day) it can very easily frighten them into not eating at all.

When you do feed him next, put him in a small container (a plastic sandwich container with air holes in it works well, or a deli cup if you can find one) with a very very warm pinky, put him in a dark place (somewhere warm), and don't disturb him for at least an hour. No peeking!! If, after the hour (or more) he hasn't eaten, warm the pinky back up and leave him with it (in the container) overnight.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #49
02CETA24
oh deffinately the last time he at was on the 11th so we will see how he does by the 25

Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #50
Hallie
Okay. Good luck. Keep us posted! And get some pictures up!! We like pictures around here!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google