CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Convert Wine Cooler to Incubator

Old 12-01-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
jet_set_willy
Convert Wine Cooler to Incubator

I have purchased a wine cooler for cheap with the intention of converting it into an incubator.

Having watched a few videos on youtube everyone tends to just rip all the guts out and put in a heat mat on the back wall and connect to thermostat.

If possible I would like to use the already present fan/light/temperature probe/temperature display by utilising the already present electronics.

On top of this I would add a heatmat and thermostat independently.

My first question is around the electronics, I have removed the compressor and the 2 cooling radiators and attached to the compressor was a capacitor which I assume feeds a lower voltage along the red cable than the 240v going along the live cable? need to know what the voltage going to the red cable is?

Second question, would the heatmat be ok mounted in the void behind the back panel so the fan at the top would blow the warm air in and the circulated air would be drawn in through the grill at the bottom?

Anyone, idea's, electrician?

20171201_195549

20171201_195608

20171201_195635

20171201_200330

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google