CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

$600 to begin breeding...

Old 07-02-2009, 03:48 AM   #21
Floof
I would save the money for later and just start with what I have: 3.4 snakes that can all or most match up together to get morphed babies of some sort. Hansel, my '08 anery het amel/hypo, will be a busy boy in a couple years! He'll get to test Asia (Lav het Anery) to see whether she's actually homo or just het Anery, as well as knock up Greta, his normal clutch-mate, for a chance at some pretty little coral snows.

Otherwise, I would get something nice that would match what I already have. For me, that'd be a nice bloodred girl for Rhythm, a hypo lavender boy for Asia, a snow het/homo motley or stripe girl for Xente, and/or a ghost or two (maybe 1.1) for Hansel and Mallie... I'd have to sit down and figure out what in the world to get for Yelina (Amel, no known hets) and Greta, though... And I'd probably focus on the anery/ghost morphs! I like me some black and white snake!

I'd probably also get some stripes (homo and/or het for the basic stuff), motleys, and motley-stripes. If possible, I'd look to get Amel Stripes het Caramel or Caramel stripes het Amel--or just Butters het Stripe. I like butters. Not so much caramels, but Butters... Yes. =3

That said, I go right along with everyone else. Choose what you like. I love anery-based morphs. Most of my corns are het or homo Anery. I could produce Aneries and Ghosts all year long and be happy. On the other hand, I get bored of Snows fast--especially baby snows, before their color comes in. Not something I would produce a whole clutch of for the sake of it... I like snows, don't get me wrong, but I don't want a lot of them. Side products of a project? Bring them on--otherwise, you won't see me matching a snow and a snow unless they're coral snows or just really stunning examples that I want to see more of.

Good luck on your venture!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google