CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Wanted: Male with Charcoal/Motley genes
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Em Wright
Wanted: Male with Charcoal/Motley genes

Well, I have two great females with some hets I want to prove. I would like to use the same male in order to keep down the number of cornsnakes I have and will be getting. I have limited space and have set in stone another purchase so that cuts even more into how many I can have at the moment. (I'm pretty much at my limit)

So, here's the genes for my two girls.

1) Hypo Snow poss. het Charcoal
2) Anery het Amel poss. het Motley

The male I want HAS to be homo or het for Motley AND Charcoal. Here's kind of what I am looking for for him though. I'm not interested in homo Aneries, hets would be fine, though it is not necessary. Anything else will be considered of course as long as he has the two genes I need and would work with both girls' genetics. Other hets would be acceptable too as I'm not really concerned with that.

Hypo Motley het Charcoal
Amel Motley het Charcoal
Charcoal het Motley
Snow Motley het Charcoal
Blizzard homo/het Motley

I don't want to pay much more than a $100-$200 shipped depending on what exactly is being offered (If you have a Charcoal Motley, I would expect it to be more expensive than say a Normal Motley het Charcoal). Honestly I couldn't really afford much more than that with the cost of the other snake I'm already commited to buying, so if I can't get any offers close to my price range then I'll wait until another time. It's really no big deal.

I would prefer 2007/2008 because I already have housing arrangements for a snake that size (and theoretically cheaper...theoretically...maybe...) and I would be likely to breed next year when my 2007 female (the hypo snow) is ready.

One last thing. I am filing my income tax tomorrow and should have a return not long thereafter. I won't have funds to purchase anything until I get my return. I don't expect anyone to hold anything for me without a deposit and since I won't have money for a deposit understand this is just an inquiry. If you have something that fits my needs please do let me know so that when I do get the funds I can know which folks to go to in order to see what is still available.

So enough rambling, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to PM me or post them here.

Thanks folks!! (in advance)

Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Weebonilass
Good luck! I've had a hard time finding one myself for a female I have... Jeff Mohr will be your best bet, but I don't think he'll have anything until about July.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
Em Wright
Yeah Charcoal and Motley together seems to be kind of a pain to come by. I'm not really picky, just as long as I get my two genes so I can prove my girls. Though I may end up having to get seperate males.

Thank you very much though, Ginger. I appreciate it. I've got a nice Caramel from Jeff Mohr and couldn't be happier with him. Unfortunatley he has neither the Charcoal of the Motley gene!

Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Em Wright
As I'm thinking... if I had to chose between which genes I absolutely without a doubt wanted it would be the Charcoal. My Anery likely won't turn out anything all that special and won't even be ready to breed for at least two more years where as my Hypo Snow will be ready next year for sure. I've kind of been on the fence about breeding my Anery anyway (I don't want to produce anything that would be unwanted).

So. If I have to settle for something without the Motley gene I think I could live with that as long as everything else fits pretty good with my other girl.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
As I'm thinking... if I had to chose between which genes I absolutely without a doubt wanted it would be the Charcoal. My Anery likely won't turn out anything all that special and won't even be ready to breed for at least two more years where as my Hypo Snow will be ready next year for sure. I've kind of been on the fence about breeding my Anery anyway (I don't want to produce anything that would be unwanted).

So. If I have to settle for something without the Motley gene I think I could live with that as long as everything else fits pretty good with my other girl.

LOL Yup, I'd agree... although I have one girl 100% het for Charcoal & Motley and one lovely Charcoal who I have no idea what hets she contains. Looking mainly for a dark Charcoal male with preferrably no anery in it. I don't want to try to figure out if I'm hatching out Charcoals or Anerys

Old 03-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
Em Wright
LOL yeah have some fun with that.

I could really kick myself now. Jeff Mohr had a really nice Phantom male on his table at the Charlotte, NC show for only $50. I should have nabbed that little guy! But at the time I wasn't really paying attention to the genes of Phantoms as I'd not really been brushed up on them.

The Charcoal, Hypo genes would have worked great with my Hypo Snow I think. Ah well, there will be other opportunities!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
Yeah Charcoal and Motley together seems to be kind of a pain to come by.
Yep...so much so I started some of those projects a few years back and am now finally seeing the results.

I will definitely have most of those combinations this coming July but right now it is slim. PM me as I have a couple suggestions.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
Em Wright
Jeff I have sent you a PM and I'm anxiously awaiting your reply!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread

Tags
charcoal, motley