• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tarantula Molting Slideshow

Taceas

USW = UB313
I apologize for the format, I'm not sure how to make a slideshow outside of Powerpoint. And since I don't like that program I avoided it like the plague. :rolleyes:

Just download this .exe and open it.

Download Slideshow

Thanks for sharing that with us, Misty. That's totally cool, and something I'd never seen. Makes me want to get a tarantula even more now. Yours is gorgeous, by the way. Is it a Mexican Red Knee? Or something else? Sorry, I only know a little about them.

It's a related species to the Mexican Red Knee (Bracypelma smithi), but this one is a Mexican Flame Knee (Brachypelma auratum).

It has pretty much the same color scheme, but the "flames" on the knees are more pronounced and there's less yellow-orange on the legs when it matures.

It should look like this when it matures. A Red Knee looks like this.

Most of my tarantulas molted while I was gone for two weeks on vacation. But this one was the first one I got to see from the beginning to end. The whole process took about an hour and a half from start to finish. It was an awesome sight to watch take place, and certainly entertained me more than the crap on tv at the time.

Thanks for the links, Misty. Hmmm... fun to learn something new. I do like the look of the Mexican Flame Knee better. Wow, nice bright knees. Very gorgeous!!

Amazing pictures, but I still don't get which way they are going or what I'm looking at in the middle pictures...

spideys confuse me! ("eek!") =)

Back