CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby belly color.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
DetroitDizzy
Baby belly color.

I have a Motley baby corn that weighs 8 grams. Got it about a month ago and I recently noticed that his underside is orange-ish (im color blind so maybe its another color) from the tail an up about 1/3 the body, the rest of the belly is white. Never got a good look at the belly before so not sure if it's always been like that.
Im wondering if this is normal or if it some kind of health issue. I did a quick Google search and the only thing I found was a thread about a bacteria infection from a moist environment. The one time it went into shed it didn't come off in one piece so I sprayed the tank a few times but no where near as much as my ball python, It's also pretty dry in my house.
Any info would be appreciated. An sorry for the bad pic, it is still pretty flighty an didn't want to spook it with the camera.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #2
Dragonling
It looks like normal pigmentation. Many if not most corn snakes have a wash of color on their bellies, and some pattern morphs can mess with it.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
DetroitDizzy
Hopefully that's it, wish i got a look better look at him when i got him but man he is fast an fragile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google