• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Strange depressions on head?

ZiggZogg

Hi,
I'm fairly new to the reptile scene as I got my amel hatchling at the back end of October- he's been eating/pooing/doing everything he should like a champ, he has shed 3 times in my care which I believe to be typical of a 5/6 month old snake. He's also great at handling which is good!

However when he was due to shed, he got very dull then brightened up on and off for nearly 3 weeks now. I then noticed some strange impressions on the top of his head (I will attach a picture for reference, I'm also aware that it wasn't the best idea to use flash but that's the only way you could see the dents). I hope this isn't anything too worrying.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I don't think I ever saw that problem before now. There is a nasal chamber that could have collapsed a bit. If the corn exhibits no signs of respiratory distress, discharge, bubbles, I think I would wait until the next shed and see what happens. If there are any signs that it has trouble breathing I would seek a veterinarian's advice.

I don't think I ever saw that problem before now. There is a nasal chamber that could have collapsed a bit. If the corn exhibits no signs of respiratory distress, discharge, bubbles, I think I would wait until the next shed and see what happens. If there are any signs that it has trouble breathing I would seek a veterinarian's advice.
Thanks for the advice, he should shed in a couple of days but I'll keep you updated

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Back