CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby Corn Not Eating After Regurg

Old 03-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
CornNoodle
Baby Corn Not Eating After Regurg

Have had my baby corn since November, and he's doing great, never refused a meal and usually sheds great
February 16th I was going away for a week so I cleaned his cage, changed his water, and fed him two fuzzies which he took no problem
I came home the 23rd, to find what I assume to be a regurg; long black dehydrated carcass sort of deal, with a paw
I cleaned it out, changed his water and left him alone for a week or so
Tried feeding March 2nd and March 6th, and he smells the food but then backs away. Also cut up a fuzzy into smaller pieces but no interest; maybe I should try a pinkie?
Temps on warm side are 94-97, cool side is 75-80
Should I just leave him be and he'll eat when he's ready or should I try something else? Thanks guys!

Old 03-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
Dragonling
I think I would try a large pink and work my way up from there again. Double fuzzies can be a little tough to handle if he's just on the verge of moving up a size, and even if it doesn't always guarantee a regurge, you're certainly increasing the odds. If your snake can otherwise handle two 5g fuzzies, it can handle an 8g hopper. If you don't think he can, I personally would continue single fuzzies for a few more weeks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google