CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Strange depressions on head?

Old 03-03-2018, 06:37 AM   #1
ZiggZogg
Strange depressions on head?

Hi,
I'm fairly new to the reptile scene as I got my amel hatchling at the back end of October- he's been eating/pooing/doing everything he should like a champ, he has shed 3 times in my care which I believe to be typical of a 5/6 month old snake. He's also great at handling which is good!

However when he was due to shed, he got very dull then brightened up on and off for nearly 3 weeks now. I then noticed some strange impressions on the top of his head (I will attach a picture for reference, I'm also aware that it wasn't the best idea to use flash but that's the only way you could see the dents). I hope this isn't anything too worrying.

Thanks Name:  20180303_110456.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  89.5 KB

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Old 03-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
Twolunger
I don't think I ever saw that problem before now. There is a nasal chamber that could have collapsed a bit. If the corn exhibits no signs of respiratory distress, discharge, bubbles, I think I would wait until the next shed and see what happens. If there are any signs that it has trouble breathing I would seek a veterinarian's advice.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
ZiggZogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I don't think I ever saw that problem before now. There is a nasal chamber that could have collapsed a bit. If the corn exhibits no signs of respiratory distress, discharge, bubbles, I think I would wait until the next shed and see what happens. If there are any signs that it has trouble breathing I would seek a veterinarian's advice.
Thanks for the advice, he should shed in a couple of days but I'll keep you updated

Old 03-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggZogg View Post
Thanks for the advice, he should shed in a couple of days but I'll keep you updated

Please do. we can always learn from the experiences of others on the forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google