CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

I can't tell if my snake is stuck!!

Old 07-11-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
Sapphire's mom
Unhappy I can't tell if my snake is stuck!!

A couple of days ago, I put a hamster tube in my girls tank. Was just another added thing to her already (what I feel like) very fun home. Fed her about six hours ago, and as usual, she went on an adventure around her tank right after. I usually watch her, until she tuckers out, and goes to sleep. But this time, I left, and came back about 30 minutes later, to find her completely wrapped up in the new addition, the hamster tube. She is wrapped around in it, overlaying herself a couple times. I initially started poking her through the one opening, and she seemed to be able to move just fine though it, and then positioned her head at the opening. It seems like part of her body is in the way of her getting out, though. Is that possible? She seems pretty packed in there, but there also seems to be a little bit of room, to where she should be able to get out somehow. I just don't know at what point to worry (LOL I already totally am, but I worry about her all the time). She doesn't seem to be in any distress. I just poked her a few minutes ago, and she just looked up at me, and did her tongue thing.

I just wish I hadn't put that thing in there. To take it apart, would be REALLY disruptive to her. She could just be having the most chillin, digesting time ever.

It looks exactly like this, she is an older corn snake, she fits in it perfectly.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
Sapphire's mom
Also, when I say "poking her" I meant gently petting her!!

Old 07-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
blacktip
Snakes are able to squeeze through very tight spaces, tighter than would seem possible. I would leave her be. She will come out when she's ready.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
Sapphire's mom
Yeah, thank you for the response!! She was indeed out when I woke up this morning. She was totally fine, and I was clearly panicking unnecessarily. I'm glad I didn't do anything more than just check on her over and over, and touch her a couple times. So, I guess that means she must have really liked her new toy. That always makes me happy.