CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Thinking about a new corn snake

Old 02-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
1ethan
Lightbulb Thinking about a new corn snake

I really want a corn snake but my mom says that i might not be intrested in a month so she said if i'm still intrested in a moth I could have one. I don't want to wait a month. another problem is my parents won't help me at all. Can someone give me information on corn snakes or tell me how to convince my mom so I don't have to wait a month?
-Thanks,
1ethan

Old 02-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
Joejr14
What type of information are you looking for?

If you can ask some specific questions we'd all have an easier time helping you out.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
stefmc24
i wouldn't rush into buying one right away. while they are rather easy to take care of, it's best to know all you can before you actually bring one home.

i (as well as most others) suggest picking up the corn snake manual by kathy love. you can get it from her website (www.cornutopia.com), amazon.com, or through most local pet stores. that book has everything you would ever need to know (and more!!) about corn snake care.

welcome to the forums!

Old 02-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #4
1ethan
anything that will convince my mom

Old 02-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
1ethan
I did alot of research on corn snakes.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
stefmc24
your supreme knowledge of corn snake husbandry might impress her enough to let you have one.....

Old 02-11-2005, 08:32 PM   #7
KatieL
Hehe, good luck with that one... I never was able to convince my mom to let me bring a snake in the house - had to wait until I moved out. Anyway, you could let her know that they are fairly clean and don't require as much care as many other pets. It might be an alright idea to wait out the month though. It would give you more time to firm up your knowledge and (most importantly, lol) pick out the morph you want. I've been debating for about a month as to what color my next corn should be, and I still haven't made a firm decision.

Also, there is currently a similar thread running on this topic:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18089

Good Luck!

Old 02-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #8
E. g. guttata
I would always suggest getting an Okeetee or Rev. Okeetee as far as morphs go. As far as waiting a month, I think it's a good idea. I decided that I wanted a corn two months before I actually got my first one. After that, it was nothing but e-mails to and from Don, more research on corns than I had already done, and the hard choice of which morph I wanted. Back then though, there weren't as many morphs to choose from, so it was a little easier. I would suggest taking this month to do more research on corns. Also, take this time to save up some money so you can buy all of the basic supplies you'll need to take care of the corns.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #9
mbdorfer
Try to get your mom to browse through the Photo Galleries here. Let her see just how awseome they are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google