CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

What is the best $100-$125 Digital Camera out there?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Toddsnake
Question What is the best $100-$125 Digital Camera out there?

My old 5.0 Megapixel Olympus is giving me fits! Eats-up the 2 AA batteries way tooooooo fast! RED LOW BATTERY Icon flashes and the camera turns itself back off. When I take them out and check them with a battery test meter they check in the GREEN, almost as GREEN as a brand new battery! Without a flash pics always look dark and a little out of focus, with the flash everything looks washed-out!

Are there any good Digital Cameras out there in the $100-$125 price range?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Nanci
Well, my last three cameras have been Casio Exilims. I've been upgrading every few years. The current one is an EX-Z1000 but it's several years old. Maybe more than several! I've never had any issues whatsoever. I don't know what the pricing is now, though.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Christen
I keep buying my kodak easy shares. I love them and they are idiot proof.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
Wyldrose
This is what I use http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666297858 It doesnt use batterys it comes with a rechargable battery pack I love it!

Here is my fav shot I have ever got with it

Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
GoFride
I love my Panasonic Lumix FH20! It's compact, takes great pics, and is better quality and with more features than I expected for the price. B&H has the FH22 for $119 - check out the reviews.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Toddsnake
After looking around I bought a Nikon CoolPix S4100 last weekend. I was leaning toward a Sony Cybershot W560 but the BestBuy website had the Nikon on sale for $89.00 The Nikon has a macro mode, 5X Zoom, and a Tough Screen! I needed to make sure I had a good camera for the NARBC Reptile Show next weekend...gotta get some good shots of Dons Palmettos!

Thanks for the info guys!

Todd

Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Kels88
If your camera does take AA batteries, get rechargeables! The best out there right now are Sanyo Eneloop. They are made specifically for cameras because they don't lose charge due to cold/warm temps and lose very little charge when they are sitting unused. Others lose charge if your camera is just sitting around. I got my camera for Christmas and take quite a few pics, and I've only had to recharge the batteries once in 4 months!
You can get them on Amazon.

And spare/replacement rechargeable AAs are MUCH cheaper than spare/replacement Lithium-ion camera batteries. The only benefit I see to the lithium-ion is they are so much smaller.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
Michael823
They have (or at least should still have) a great mother's day sale on camera's at Target. I saw an ad in last weeks Sunday monitor for a Canon Powershot SX150 IS. It was $150 (marked down from $250), and it came with a $15 gift card (which bought me an 8GB memory card that was also on sale.

I actually needed a new camera, seeing my brothers is about 5yrs old (and acting up), so I went to Target on Monday to get this camera. And so far, I really, really love it. I think it's exactly what I wanted in a camera for that price range. I was going with about $100-125 in mind before I saw this ad, and I figured $150 (plus the $15 gift card) put it at exactly the quality/affordability that I liked.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Pruddock
I would try and find a used Canon G9 or something. They should be close to that price range and are probably the best you can get before stepping up to a micro 4/3 or DSLR camera...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google