CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Which size exo tetra terrarium would be best

Old 11-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
1CoolDad
Which size exo tetra terrarium would be best

I like these and want to purchase one but not sure which would be best for a hatchling with the intent of buying a larger size so I don't have to upgrade again. 24" or 36" wide? 12", 18", or 24" high?

Old 11-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Todd120
I have a Critter Cage. They are made by Zilla. The 20 long gives the snake room to move. For a baby you could just use a plastic storage box, or a 5 gallon/10 gallon aquarium though. If you buy a larger tank make sure and put lots of hides and things in it. Stuff overly large hides with substrate or paper to make them snug for the smaller snake. A lot of the Exoterra enclosures are too narrow and tall for ground snakes. I like the locking screen lid on the Critter Cage too. It even has a place where you can put a lock on it.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
HVani
For my adults I use a large low exo Terra. I think its 36 x 18 x 18. I like the front opening tanks and they sit up nicely for a heating pad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google