CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Yellow jackets...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
And hopefully the raccoons get stung a lot, because I hate them. Evil predators.
Not so much...their fur is pretty thick and the yellow jackets can't seem to sting them enough to make them move on.

Bears are the true experts around here with digging up yellow jackets nests but raccoons and skunks will do a good number on them as well.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #22
kgmax1228
Exclamation Raccoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
And hopefully the raccoons get stung a lot, because I hate them. Evil predators.
5 years ago,1 came in my house through the cat door at 3 am looking to eat the cat food-room mate chased it out with a broom

Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
Riyeko
Before you go spraying stuff, you should probably find out WHERE the nest is first.
If its way up in your attic (and theyre burrowing through your walls or something), then spraying the entrance isnt going to do much since they could probably find another way out.

I would probably consult with the local conservation office, animal control, or pest control (if you can find one thats nice enough to give you ideas instead of saying "we can do it for this price but you cant do it yourself"), first, get some ideas on how to take care of it "eco friendly" and cheaply.

Then if you cant get the nest out by yourself they usually get bigger during the fall and then taper off because of the cold climate changes.
Then just wall up the place and the larva will most likely die.

Although, me personally, I hate them very very much and would probably call Vex Con (from the A&E extermination show.. tattoos and gothic clothing lol). XD

Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #24
crotalis40741
I think that after someone has a swarm of yellow jackets come out to attack them and a lawn mower full force they won't care if jet fuel is used. Yellow jackets are highly aggressive and territorial and demand respect. A night time raid on them is the best way to go. With what ever is used to take em out.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
kgmax1228
Angry jet fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
I think that after someone has a swarm of yellow jackets come out to attack them and a lawn mower full force they won't care if jet fuel is used. Yellow jackets are highly aggressive and territorial and demand respect. A night time raid on them is the best way to go. With what ever is used to take em out.
you obviously don't care about ecology

Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #26
crotalis40741
Not really gonna debate it, I care about nature but also am allergic so what works to get them gone works. After you get attacked by a nest of em then we will see how you feel then.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #27
kgmax1228
yellowjackets

hire some kid to mow

Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #28
crotalis40741
why put someone elses kid in danger from them? but this is my last post on this. you take care now.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #29
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmax1228 View Post
hire some kid to mow
Yeah, sure, and wind up being sued for pulling something like that.

I hope you are not serious about wanting to put someone else in harm's way.......

Old 06-15-2011, 01:56 AM   #30
jessicalb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, sure, and wind up being sued for pulling something like that.

I hope you are not serious about wanting to put someone else in harm's way.......
No kidding. If someone pulled that on my child, there would be an extreme and swift reaction on my part.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google