CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Florida blood

Old 12-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
Alicia P
Pressure and humidity definitely affect how temps feel. A 50 day can feel warm(ish) and wonderful or make you want to bundle up. Sometimes both in the span of a day here in Mi.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
insomniac101
There must be some cold intolerance that comes with age too. I've lived in Michigan all my life, and remember playing outside for hours, in much colder temps. Now, it's hard to walk from the house to the garage when it's single digits, like this morning.

Anyway, my mom lives in Arizona, and is always bundled up when it's below 60 degrees. I guess being in a warmer climate does make you lose your tolerance for cold. Heck, I'm living in a cold climate, and am losing my tolerance for cold!

Kathy

Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
ZiggysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
HA! I think being constantly warm DOES effect how you feel in the cold.
I agree. I have worked in greenhouses professionally for 12+ years. The cold is worse each year.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
Rich Z
Yeah, well, not very likely I'm going to move back to a cold climate just to build up a tolerance to cold.

So I take it that global warming hasn't found the northern areas of the country yet?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
Alicia P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, well, not very likely I'm going to move back to a cold climate just to build up a tolerance to cold.

So I take it that global warming hasn't found the northern areas of the country yet?
I wish, it's 15 outside in Charlotte Mi but feels like 5 Brrrr!!!

Also I agree with whoever said your tolerance goes down the older you get. My kids were outside playing in the snow multiple times today (they had a snow day). Not me no way, I looked like the kid from "A Christmas Story" going out to let my horses out of the barn and feed them this morning. I'll have my ninja gear on to bring them in later lol.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #16
ratsncorns
I must be cold-blooded. I can't stand the heat. I lived in Florida 2 years and couldn't wait to get out of there! I definitely don't regret leaving. When I left Florida I moved to the California Desert and here I am. Traded in humidity for even more heat. I need my snow and cold! I still keep saying one day I will get back to Colorado...

Old 12-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #17
Nanci
I like the humidity.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
daddio207
well.... it's -10 outside right now BUT the good news is NO WINDCHILL so it feels only like -10 outside

I guess I'm lucky I'm not in Winnipeg

Global chilling is more like it !!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
Rich Z
Temp got down to 33.4 degrees here last night.

You guys DO know that if the government firmly believes this stuff about global warming being caused by human causes, and then takes steps to "fix" it, that we are in for an ice age, don't you?

After they've taken steps to make sure that THEY will all be comfy, regardless, of course.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
daddio207
It does seem like the seasons are getting more extreme. Whether it's a natural occurrence or man made is something I'll never know.
For instance last March we had a 39inch snow storm but the March prior we were out riding my motorcycle in June like weather.

It will be debated long after I'm gone................................

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google