• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Florida blood

Oh look daddio your going to have rain and 45 degrees on Mon, that should make driving Tues morning fun lol.

They say Ohio is going to have the coldest temps in 20 years Monday night. Windchill is forecast to be -45. Unlike when they mention windchill in Florida, that temp is something to take seriously. I bet schools will be closed Tuesday. Glad I will be back in 20F Florida.

Yeah our windchills are forcasted for -25/-35 Mon and Tue. Tonight and tomorrow we are supposed to get 8-14 inches of snow. I should have driven to Ohio and stowed away in Nanci's vehicle lol

Aw hell.... they changed the forecast to predict a low of 19 degrees Monday night........... :crying:

Aw hell.... they changed the forecast to predict a low of 19 degrees Monday night........... :crying:

Well you might as well come to Maine Monday. Now their saying a high of 45 and low of 12 here, FLORIDA WEATHER!!!! :rolleyes:

(I wish:()

Well, the forecast went back up to 21 degrees. Like it's going to make THAT much difference........ High on Tuesday is only supposed to get up to 38 degrees. It's pretty rare to have a day that doesn't get up at least into the 50s, so I'm pretty sure there are going to be some record lows set in Florida on Tuesday. Probably much of the rest of the country as well, I guess.

So I get home and it's 60-something outside, and 78 in my house!! I have to have the windows open.

I think I am going to need to put some heat on my (outside) tortoise tomorrow and Tuesday night, since we're having a hard freeze. Usually I have a heating pad on a thermostat in his burrow, but it's been too warm this winter. I'm thinking of just a 40 hour heat pack. I think that would work well. His burrow is pretty tight. I could even put it in a deli.

How the heck can it still be 64 degrees outside and then 24 hours later they are saying it will be 20 degrees? And now they lowered Tuesday night's forecast back down to 19 degrees.

Global warming? Bring it on!

So Friday night we hit 20 below and today it hit 50 degrees.
So that's a 70 degree difference !!!!

Maybe it should be called "global chaos" :shrugs:

Its been a steady 60* here in Southern California. All winter long. You Floridians picked the wrong state. Although, in a few days I'm moving to Tucson, where its even warmer. And no humidity!

Its been a steady 60* here in Southern California. All winter long. You Floridians picked the wrong state. Although, in a few days I'm moving to Tucson, where its even warmer. And no humidity!

As I have said, no place is just perfect....

Seismic activity for the past seven days:

Attachments

• quakes_01_2014.jpg
    quakes_01_2014.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 22
The lowest temp is Babbit, MN, with a temp of -37. Colder than Mars, which had a high of -32 one day last week. Hmm. I'd have thought Mars would be colder.

It's 29F here; I can live with that.

It went down to 23 degrees on the front porch last night. Here it is almost noontime and it's STILL only 28 degrees out. This is REAL unusual for north Florida.

It's 32 here. I thought about wearing a warm jacket this morning, but settled for putting the hood up on my sweatshirt :)

It was 30 this morning in Sarasota, and then it settled to 45/50 this afternoon...

I had to wear closed-toed shoes instead of flip flops :( And a sweater! What a bummer! :p

I'm thinking that maybe I need to buy a winter coat and long johns before this "global warming" gets much worse.

Back