CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Special sale offerings to contributors?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #51
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
it might not be worth it just to get a stupid edit function.
You also get to post classifieds.

And....I plan to use the insiders special forum this spring when snakes start to hatch.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #52
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
I am wondering how often there are actual deals posted in this "Insider's Forum", what kind of "deals" they are and if they are only from Rich Z or if others post deals there?
Any contributing member can post in the Insiders Forum and put up special deals for these members. I would think telling you what was specifically in the forum would defeat its purpose.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #53
Drizzt80
Quote:
it might not be worth it just to get a stupid edit function. In fact, I'd be more prone to contribute if the site hadn't restricted such functions from normal users. Sort of petty in my opinion.
Hmm, interesting comment considering just about any forum I've been on that is worth it's salt in information charges a fee for certain privileges (not RIGHTS) such as editing . . . check them out and then let us know what you find. In my opinion it's pretty petty to be complaining about it.

D80

Old 04-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #54
kathylove
I have never used the edit feature or the insider sale benefit, although I have posted a couple of classifieds. But I contribute because I feel it is a worthwhile forum, and SOMEBODY has to pay for it. I believe in paying my own way and not getting a free ride. I believe in the free market system and that people should "vote with their pocketbooks" and support what they like and not support what they don't like, at least for as long as the government gives us the free choice to do that.

So this is one of the things I choose to support.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #55
Flagg
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
Any contributing member can post in the Insiders Forum and put up special deals for these members. I would think telling you what was specifically in the forum would defeat its purpose.
come on, I'm not asking for specific details so I can steal a deal without contributing, just a general summary of what KIND of deals are offered.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #56
Flagg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
Hmm, interesting comment considering just about any forum I've been on that is worth it's salt in information charges a fee for certain privileges (not RIGHTS) such as editing . . . check them out and then let us know what you find. In my opinion it's pretty petty to be complaining about it.

D80
Who's complaining? I didn't realize that merely bringing up a point for discussion constituted complaining.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #57
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
come on, I'm not asking for specific details so I can steal a deal without contributing, just a general summary of what KIND of deals are offered.
Deals on Cornsnakes are in that forum.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #58
Flagg
Why even bother replying? If you actually read this thread, Rich WANTS word to get out about the sales, to get more people to join.

The elitist attitude doesn't really help things.

Ok so there are corn snake deals. How often are there deals? What kind of deals?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #59
Roy Munson
Quote:
Ok so there are corn snake deals. How often are there deals? What kind of deals?
There have been seven or eight listings in 2007. The first page goes back to July '06, and there are only two pages in the subforum. I don't think Rich Z. is offering anything in that subforum anymore. I took advantage of a couple of his deals when he offered them.

My opinion is that the Insider Sales subforum is used more to give contributing members first dibs on stuff than to offer amazing deals. But you never know when the next offering will be a great deal on something that you really want.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #60
Flagg
Roy -

Thanks for the helpful reply, that's all I was looking for, but I guess some people would rather keep their little secrets to try to feel superior or something.

I'm not expecting some great ridiculous deal or anything like that, but just to get a feeling as to how much the feature is used and how.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google