CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Results of my Midlife Crisis Sale!

Old 10-05-2005, 05:06 AM   #11
DAND
Thumbs up Nice!

Sweet find there Rich! Enjoy!

Old 10-05-2005, 05:11 AM   #12
Traci1
WhooHoo Rich! Congrats on the new toy!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
Tom Tuttle
Cool Sweet

Nice ride! Thought you'd be more of a Mustang Shelby Cobra type. Enjoy the ride man, You earned it!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:40 AM   #14
pcar
nice looking car. Congrats and have fun. Just watch out for the Fuzz

Old 10-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #15
Rich Z
Actually I'm kind of bummed out right now. I just got back from the Chevy dealership after having an oil change and a few odds and ends done. The corvette tech told me that the wheels and tires on that car are from a stock C5 and NOT the Z06 model that I have. Plus he pointed out that the front tires were SHOT with the threads showing on the inside edge of the tires.

Not sure if this was something intentional from the guy who sold me the car or not, but I just sent him off an email about it. Buying new tires is going to be bad enough, but new wheels as well is going to be a smack alongside the head.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #16
pcar
that sucks. Hope that the guy that sold it to you is willing to work with you on getting it rectified.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #17
Khaman
I did not even notice that. They are supposed to be double spoked. Is everything else standard Z06? They turned a scam up a few years ago where someone put Z06 emblems on standard C5 cars and were selling them as such.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:29 PM   #18
cornsnakekid92
Nice vette! that is my faorite type of car. but i do like some of the older models they the 02s, but the new C6s are pretty sweet too!

Old 10-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #19
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman
I did not even notice that. They are supposed to be double spoked. Is everything else standard Z06? They turned a scam up a few years ago where someone put Z06 emblems on standard C5 cars and were selling them as such.
The vette guy at the Chevy dealership thought the same thing. But it's really a Z06. Everything else matches up.

I contacted the guy I got it from but he's copping an attitude about it. Basically he feels that I should have been able to spot that when I looked at the car. Sheesh, how many people can look at a car right off the cuff and know what size tires they are supposed to have as well as what wheel styles were standard and optional? I guess if I had done my homework for another couple of weeks, I could have. But basically the guy is saying I didn't ask the right questions to get the truth from him.

Oh well. The car is basically mechanically sound. So I have to chalk this up to experience, I guess. While it was on the lift at the dealership getting an oil change and a few other things looked at, I got to look underneath and check things out pretty well. No leaks, nothing funny looking except the smear across the bottom where I hit an armadillo on the way back home late Friday. Eeewwww.... Came out of nowhere and not a chance I could have avoided it without jumping over into the ditch that was on both sides of the road That car rides so low that NOTHING really is going to go under it without some damage.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:25 PM   #20
Khaman
I see these everyday (I probably saw yours at one point or another) and I missed the double spokes. IMO even if you did miss that detail, you bought a Z06 which unless he told you did not include factory rims includes the tell-tell double spoke rims.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google