CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

2006 price list done! (I think....)

Old 06-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #21
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
LOL! Well if you want to buy them cheap, then you better buy a LOT of them!

Seriously, I could sell ALL of them at one fell swoop to any one of a few wholesalers I deal with. But I am going to offer them this way first for people who are really interested in the genetics they are carrying. Dealers don't care about such things so they won't pay for the genes.
Hi Rich/All -

Thank goodness you do sell to the hobbyist - this was a great sale for me. Thanks again for your help with my order

-Tonya

Old 06-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #22
JAGSnake
Quote:
Sorry, but time is not an infinite resource.........
I know but not to be rude, pictures sure would help some of us who don't know what these Snakes look like. No picture probably means I may pass on something I might have bought if I knew what it looked like. It's your business and I'm not telling you how to run it but just a simple sudjestion that may help others and I decide if we will buy or not.
(Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I hear)

Old 06-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #23
JAGSnake
Heck, you take 1 picture of each type of snake you have (you might be half way there) and put it on the website and then you're done until you breed/create a new color phase. It's not like you have to keep taking pictures and putting it on the website everyday or whatever, once it's done it's done and the rest of us can see those awesome looking snakes you create

Old 06-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #24
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGSnake
Heck, you take 1 picture of each type of snake you have (you might be half way there) and put it on the website and then you're done until you breed/create a new color phase. It's not like you have to keep taking pictures and putting it on the website everyday or whatever, once it's done it's done and the rest of us can see those awesome looking snakes you create
Trust me, you have no idea of my workload. I'm sure it sounds simple to you, but that just is not the case at all.

For instance, I am right now working on a list of a bunch of adults I am putting on surplus. Right around 400 of them. How much more time do you think it would add to this task if I had to take photos of each of them, crop them to size, and then paste the code into the price list?

Simple fact of the matter is that although I know I will miss out on some sales because of lack of pics, this is unavoidable, so I just don't worry about it.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #25
Serpwidgets
Quote:
For instance, I am right now working on a list of a bunch of adults I am putting on surplus. Right around 400 of them. How much more time do you think it would add to this task if I had to take photos of each of them, crop them to size, and then paste the code into the price list?
Heh heh, if you spent 8 hours a day on them, by my calculations you could have the adult list done just short of two weeks.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #26
Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
Heh heh, if you spent 8 hours a day on them, by my calculations you could have the adult list done just short of two weeks.
Yeah, Rich. (insert bad accent here) No breaks for YOU! (please don't hurt me! )

Old 06-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #27
Rich Z
Want to do a raffle on how many people I get sending me requests for photos of those adults even though I will PLAINLY state there that none are available?

Heck, I've been working on this for DAYS now...... First I had to key all the raw data into Excel so I could sort the entries to see what they heck I really have. And I just know there are a bunch of pre-breeders that I should move out as well, but no way I'm going to get to that anytime soon. I just allowed the numbers to get too high around here. I've got three part time workers here now plus Connie busting her butt keeping things running and it's just too much. I had females give a poor showing simply because I didn't have the time to get males to them in a timely fashion when they were at their peak. And I was not just loafing around. Just too much to do in that window of opportunity. I really don't want to play like this any longer..... I'm really going to hate it when I bag some of those animals up to ship them out, but I really have no choice. This isn't fun any longer. When I would open up an egg laying container and see all slugs and think "Good! I won't have to mess with THOSE babies when they hatch!" then it's time to rethink what it is I am doing.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #28
El Jefe
Since you have so many adults there will be an out of the breeder room special, right? You know, 40-50% off....

Also, when you take your photographs be sure not to forget the belly shots as I like to see how many checks they have or don't have...

Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #29
TripleMoonsExotic
I keep peaking at your site day & night, Rich...Hopeing to see the adult list...Wanna give us an estimate when it's going up?

Old 06-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #30
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes
Since you have so many adults there will be an out of the breeder room special, right? You know, 40-50% off....

Also, when you take your photographs be sure not to forget the belly shots as I like to see how many checks they have or don't have...
...or would that be a "Right Out of the Tub" special? Ooooooo and don't forget the head shots so we can all comment on what it looks like... you know, like the herp version of the Rorchach test

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google