CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Groan......

Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #41
Drewby07
ooh...I like bamboo! See, the stars are aligning!

Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #42
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewby07 View Post
ooh...I like bamboo! See, the stars are aligning!
Well then, good luck with that lottery ticket......... Seems like we could BOTH win.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #43
psychoprimate84
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
Bill has a HUGE book collection. It is nice to have...but...it certainly isn't anything we actually use much. It mostly just looks nice on the shelves. Most of the info we need is in just a few of the books. Or online. And someday (maybe not that far away), we are going to want to move out of the boonies and closer into town, into a smaller place. We probably won't have room for all of the books, animals, and other assorted stuff collected over the decades. So we have also been thinking about the future.

I remember my grandma not wanting to drive at night when she was in her late 60s, and am thinking about all of the driving we have to do to get ANYWHERE from here, lol! You live out in the boonies, too, Rich, and are about my age, so...I understand where you are coming from, for sure! I know you said earlier that you don't want to sell your property when / if you sell your business. But there might come a time when you don't want to have to drive a half hour to an hour just to go shopping, or I suppose, doctor's appointments, as you get older.

Wow, we sound like such old foggies!!
If you ever need help getting rid of some of those books/animals, let me know

Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 AM   #44
Rich Z
Aw hell..... Breeding activity has started already. This is even earlier than last year...... Guess it's MY fault, though, for throwing some boys and girls together. What the heck was I thinking?

Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #45
Drewby07
you were thinking yo just couldn't WAIT to start producing some awesome babies!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #46
Rich Z
Man, breeding activity is really kicking in early this year. Even earlier than last year. Got a bunch of females who have had their third breeding already.

This is definitely going to be a crazy year..........

Hope I don't run out of steam before I get to that younger new batch of breeders. Some pretty interesting possibilities there... But when the eggs begin to be dropped, it takes away from the time needed to actually throw more paids together. I just don't have the stamina to put in 18 hour days any longer. I've noticed that my legs get real tired lately. That's before the back pain even kicks in. Connie had surgery on one of her legs a couple of weeks ago because of all the standing she has to do around here. This business is going to kill us for certain. Whoever called old age "the golden years" must be cracked in the head.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #47
Caryl
It's a shame we can't work things out so that our non-working years are when we're young, feel great and and can fully enjoy them. Who wants to retire when they feel too bad to do anything? Gah!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #48
Drewby07
Rich - I'll be happy to fly down and lend a hand!!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #49
Shiari
I swear that if it was at all feasible I'd fly across the country just to have a chance to learn from you and see your incredibly collection. Stupid school/work/pets/debt! *shakes her fist*

Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #50
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
I swear that if it was at all feasible I'd fly across the country just to have a chance to learn from you and see your incredibly collection. Stupid school/work/pets/debt! *shakes her fist*

I totally agree!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google